[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Problem loading firmware for the first time

Problem loading firmware for the first time

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Problem loading firmware for the first time

Postby richk » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:36 pm

I disconnected the green wire and I still get the same message when I try to flash it with power
richk

Postby richk » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:25 pm

I hit the reset switch and it flashed, but now when I go to connect it it the serial panel says connected , but at the QGC it says connection lost
richk

Postby LPR » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Rich

Did you try with the DTR wire off?

I always had it show connected but was not when I had the DTR wire connected.

Larry
LPR

Postby richk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:45 am

I tried it both ways with the wire on and off
richk

Postby vAkUuM » Wed May 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Attachments
____ (3).JPG
____ (3).JPG (93.22 KiB) Viewed 10552 times
vAkUuM

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 21, 2014 5:57 pm

You don't power the board via USB, you need an external power source.

Your connection is ok - but make sure you don't connect the board via QGC the usual way. Just plug the wires, open QGC and use the "Firmware Flashing" tab in the Config menu.
kinderkram

Postby vAkUuM » Wed May 21, 2014 6:07 pm

Thank you for your quick answer. Off course I did everything like you say (and according instruction ). But receive this error. But I try to change Rx & Tx wires on their place. May be this is my mistake?
vAkUuM

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 21, 2014 9:09 pm

You need to connect RX to TX and vice versa.
R stands for Receive and T stands for Transmit.
kinderkram

Postby vAkUuM » Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am

Anyway, same result. I did it few times on Mac and windows computers, all the same. I attached step by step pictures, may be somebody find error?
Attachments
____ 5.JPG
____ 5.JPG (26.56 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
____ 4.JPG
____ 4.JPG (42.15 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
____ 3 (1).JPG
____ 3 (1).JPG (36.02 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
____ 2 (1).JPG
____ 2 (1).JPG (38.87 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
____ 1 (1).JPG
____ 1 (1).JPG (39.21 KiB) Viewed 10523 times
vAkUuM

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu May 22, 2014 10:24 am

Hi,

your connections were right! The supplied cable (6-pin) goes to the upper row (with the cutout), black wire = GND.

On the AQ6 side the connection is right, boot jumper is in place --> fine.

I had the same problem (being unable to upgrade from r386 to r395) this morning, but since I also have a Bluetooth module connected to the AQ at the same time I could solve it by disconnecting the module.

Have you ever tried to connect to the AQ6 via QGC to see which firmware is loaded (if any)?
Open QGC, click on Communication-->Add link and select your USBtoUART. Would be interesting to see if the board is responding (boot jumper needs to be removed prior power-up!).

Regarding the flashing issue you should jumper the board, connect power (at least 3S Lipo), hit RESET (just to be shure ...) and try to flash it.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware