[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Quad X flips on take off

Quad X flips on take off

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Quad X flips on take off

Postby failsafe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:52 pm

Ok surely there is something i am missing
I have been through the calibration sequence
Everything is perfect according to the wiki
My quad is level in the hud
I checked orientation with the hud and all movements match what i am doing
The motors are connected as per motor mix table and escs are calibrated
I am using hitec radio with a frisky ppm rx
When. I try to take off it is not lifting level and if i throttle up it will flip
Set up is just a simple x quad f450 frame, f30 escs with Simon K fw and sunnysky 980 over with apc 8x4.7 props
I am pulling my hair out here I had read the wiki so many times while waiting for the qgc to run the Sims I thought I would have had it covered but I just can't seam to get it to lift off
hopefully somebody here had some idea what may be wrong
this isn't my first build but is my first aq
failsafe

Re: Quad X flips on take off

Postby bluuu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:56 pm

Does your esc are calibrated throttle level ?
bluuu

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Failsafe

Post your mixing table, pict of the quad, connections of mots according to QGC drawings A,B,C,D.
BTW did you save the mixing table and check if it is saved correctly?

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby failsafe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Yes I calibrated the esc with the throttle channel on my rx before I changed it to ppm out
These escs have been used with a hoverfly board , cc3d,revo, and a vrbrain it's a little test frame I use to try out controllers
failsafe

Postby failsafe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:12 pm

Here are the pics
The motors are connected as the diagram suggest
The white arms are the front
Attachments
20140303_120819.jpg
20140303_120734.jpg
20140303_120659.jpg
20140303_120624.jpg
failsafe

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:40 pm

Looks good. The connections are hard to check on the photos. Props are missing.
What I did wrong in the past:

- Wrong Motor on wrong port.
- Wrong direction of Motor
- Wrong prop CW-CCW
- ESCS not aligned. But they are calibrated (PWM) as you said earlier. Even if they are in a wrong range, but all the same it should work.

Oh, and no slip on props! That causes Flips too. Use a counter nut.

Please check the above twice and report back.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby failsafe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:53 pm

ok i hadthe props off because i dont want any issues or accidents
i have checked motor number vs port number 3 times , theres only 4 so unless i am tripping they are right but i will chevck again
motors are spinning correct,and props are on correct
when i spool up it jitters i can here it
also the 2 rear motors come on first then the other 2
i got it to lift off but it yaws continuos like a motor is spinning the wrong direction but that is not the case
i will tryto redo the esc cal just tomake sure
is there anything else i can do to help you help me?
would a log help?
Attachments
20140303_125532.jpg
failsafe

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:03 pm

chschmid

Postby failsafe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:24 pm

ok checked everthing and went to make a log
it didnt want to lift off , it would flip to the front or to the back never thesame direction
it will not let me uploadlog the file is too big
failsafe

Postby chschmid » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Use a dropbox or so. Skydrive ect.
chschmid

Next

Return to AQ Firmware