Altitude hold mode

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Altitude hold mode

Postby Cookiemonsta » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 am

Hi,

I've been using AQ quite a while now and would like to make a request for an altitude hold mode. Don't get me wrong, the position hold mode is really impressive but it's more an indirect way to control the copter as you command a horizontal velocity. So I'd like to request an altitude mode where you still fly like in manual (command rotation rates) but with altitude correction. I guess this would make flying an AQ more natural for fun flyers ;)

Best regards,
Tobi
Cookiemonsta

Re: Altitude hold mode

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:34 am

Exactly, I was surprised that AQ doesn't have altitude mode. The 'velocity mode' is good only for long shots where you want to fly at constant speed, but fails in more complex, precise manoeuvering. Flying in altitude hold mode would be the best of both worlds, so I strongly +1 your request!
LordPikaChu

Postby phynix » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:22 am

In principle, the AQ does have this feature: you simply have to unplug the gps antenna, right :mrgreen: ?. OK, thats not the best solutiom. So I agree, this could be a realy nice feature, e.g. for chasing vehicles. But As an addition to the existing mode, not as an replacement!
phynix

Postby Cookiemonsta » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:55 am

Hehe that would be the quick and dirty way :D AQ flight modes are kind of digital...either fly manual or with full guidance XD
Cookiemonsta

Return to AQ Firmware