[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Try to debug autoquad source code -> fails

Try to debug autoquad source code -> fails

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Try to debug autoquad source code -> fails

Postby MaPa » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:56 am

Hi all,

I try to compile autoquad sourcecode and for debugging I use STM32F4discovery board.

Compiling the project is fine, i got no errors
I connect only USART1 (PA9 and PA10) to a FTDI/RS232 Converter and the Comport is used in AutoquadGroundStation.

I receive no clear messages in AQGS or HyperTerminal, only 0x00 0x92 ....
Baudrate is correct, but I also changed it to lower speed -> 9600.

Which functions can I use to send a message to usart1?
I tried AQ_NOTICE, AQ_PRINTF

Have I set a flag to get clear messages to USART1?

Have I to consider anything?

Thanks,
MaPa
MaPa

Re: Try to debug autoquad source code -> fails

Postby Mike Barton » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 pm

I *think* your problem is that USART1 has flow control enabled so you will need to connect up CTS + RTS wires
unfortunately, they are not available of F4-Disco board - thay are only available thru CN5 - the micro USB

the dev release has USB support (you will need to enable it in the code) but needs the correct driver to work but I cannot confirm this!
Mike Barton

Postby Max » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:54 am

Hi MaPa, welcome to AQ forums.

Assuming everything is running correctly and with default AQ settings, you should be getting Mavlink protocol out of USART1 at 115,200 bps, no flow control. Mavlink is not plain text, you need to decode it. AQ also has its own serial protocol which can be enabled on USART1 or 2 -- but there are no docs for that except the code itself (also some in ground tools folder).

I can't really tell what you're trying to do though. For a true debugging setup you'll want to use the ST-LINK SWD interface built-into the STM32 disco board and a compatible IDE/debugger.

-Max
Max

Postby Mike Barton » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:04 pm

ah yes - pls ignore what i wrote :mrgreen:
yes, appears to work ok without flow control, I initially had a problem connecting via usart and thought this was the solution

if you're using a Disco board, then the code will invariably hang at some point so there's not much point unless you get an aq board or diy your own....
Mike Barton

Postby MaPa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:19 pm

MaPa

Postby MaPa » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:37 pm

MaPa

Return to AQ Firmware