[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Motors wont spin, Despite armed

Motors wont spin, Despite armed

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Motors wont spin, Despite armed

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi,
I have updated my AutoQuad with an own compiled Firmware 6.8-BETA r229 because I had to activate te transmission of the GPS coordinates for the Mav2HoTT telemetry, but for some reason the motors wont spin.
The AQ is armed, but moving the throotle stick I see in the log attached no motor output at all.
Anybody an idea what might be causing this?
I noticed also that despite having a 3S Lipo connected to the AQ it always retun through 'Mavlink a voltage of 7.6V meaning only a 2S is detected. Could this be the missing link? Does this mean something is wrong on my AQ?

Any help would be appreciated.
Attached my Log
051-AQL.zip
Log
(4.57 MiB) Downloaded 715 times

and the Mavlink output
051-MSG.LOG
Mavlink messages
(812 Bytes) Downloaded 731 times
Best regards,
DUKE40

Re: Motors wont spin, Despite armed

Postby Max » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Don't know why the motors won't spin, but the voltage issue is probably because it is compiled for the wrong AQ board revision. By default it compiles for the initial rev 0 hardware, pre-October 2012. If you have a newer board, check aq.h and set the #define BOARD_REVISION to 1.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... 1-hardware

-Max
Max

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Sounds logical i did not change that. Maybe this is also causes the reported behaviour. Will report!
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Need now first an activation key for crossworks. Is already ordered. As soon as the key is there I will make the changes and compile a new version of the FW. Hope this wont take long.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby DUKE40 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Got the activation key for crossworks today, and compiled the firmware again with the right revision, and this was the cause of my issue. With the firmware compiled for the wrong revision the motors wont spin.
Thanks a lot to max for the usewful hint.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Return to AQ Firmware