[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ Optical Flow

AQ Optical Flow

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: AQ Optical Flow

Postby bn999 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Vertical accuracy can be held very well anywhere from 0.5m to 4m.

As to the light, after reviewing flight test logs, I see that the flow algo reports best quality with full sunlight. However, it needs not always have 100% quality to perform well. I've tested in daylight shadow, just after sunset, and indoors during the day without artificial light and in each situation it was able to perform well. I've also tried it at night with some (poor) indoor lighting and could not get enough gradient to work well.

In the end you would need to analytically determine how much light is needed to work within given parameters. The camera sensor also has quite a few parameters that can be tweaked to control how it handles light levels.
bn999

Postby srik » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi Bill,

This is great. I have just registered on this website. I have been using the APM and am considering moving to the AutoQuad. Since I cannot PM you, could you PM me. I would like to chat with you about a potential project.

-Sri
srik

Postby sandmen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Here also a short video,
My "Test-copter" with aq6 + aimu + px4flow sensor.
All flown in Pos Hold mode :-)

sandmen

Postby chestnut » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:06 pm

Hello all,

This is a short video for first flight with DIMU + PX4 Flow sensor work at Pos hold mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B91L9EOB0dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i55y5r_L6QA
chestnut

Postby chschmid » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:17 pm

Thats amazing.
Congrats for the implementation.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby bn999 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:19 pm

Good work. You are only the second person I know of who has tried to get this to work.
bn999

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:36 pm

Very well done! 8-)

Thx also for sharing your videos ... submitted to our playlists.

btw: is that Ho-Chi Minh Town?
kinderkram

Postby chestnut » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi all,

Can you help me config PX4Flow? Now I had config follow link http://pixhawk.org/dev/first_steps_px4flow

But my sensor very noise : http://youtu.be/ioo0Kd3XFfw

@bn999: Can you help me upload your graph of your sensor ?
@kinderkram : Yes, now I live at VietNam (Ho Chi Minh city).

Thanks all.
chestnut

Postby bn999 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

I don't have any graphs handy. The amount of noise greatly depends on what background the sensor is looking at. It needs to be high contrast shapes and bright for the best performance.

Also, forget about trying to use their compensation mode. Rotation compensation is best handled by AQ as it has properly biased GYOs. I did not have much luck with trying to get good velocity data from the sensor directly. That's why my final solution was to integrate pixel movement reports at a high rate compensated by onboard rate estimates.
bn999

Postby chestnut » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 am

chestnut

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware