[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Trouble with mavlink connection, QGC 1.3B2, r203

Trouble with mavlink connection, QGC 1.3B2, r203

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Trouble with mavlink connection, QGC 1.3B2, r203

Postby Shogun » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 pm

Hi,

all was fine with r149 and QGC 1.3B2. Now with r203 (also tried 196) I have trouble with the serial connection. With the actual head revision of mavlink it gets disconnected after received a few values. With a mavlink from january it connects, I can upload the calibration params file, but then the board gets stuck in the next boot.

How can I fix that? Do I need to use a certain mavlink version? Have there been changes in the params?
Shogun

Re: Trouble with mavlink connection, QGC 1.3B2, r203

Postby skew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:27 pm

I don't know if this helps any but I'm running R202 so far its the best yet for me. I was running r102 but then I had to update my compiler version, STM32 files, Mavlink to compile latest versions of firmware. I know alot has changed in the last few months on Mavlink but I don't think the parms have changed.
skew

Postby Shogun » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:00 pm

What I definitly forgot was to update the STM files. But no change, the connection still gets lost within less than a second, did not try the older mavlink. Anyway your list helped, thanks skew!
Shogun

Postby skew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:14 pm

Have you tried any of the pre compiled versions? this would rule out your compiler anyway.
skew

Postby Shogun » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:15 pm

Yes, precompiled versions work as expected. Skew, would you please send me your STM32 and mavlink folders, I send you a pm with my address.
Shogun

Postby Max » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:40 pm

FYI, the builds posted online all use STM32 CPU Support Package version 2.18. The latest available from Rowley is 2.20, which AFAIK no one has tried yet. I do know there was a problem with the 2.19 version.

-Max

PS. Package archives can be found here: http://www.rowleydownload.co.uk/arm/packages/archive/ (eg. STM32_V2_18.hzq is the STM32 CPU Support v 2.18). These are unpacked/installed using CW Studio package manager or from CLI using their utility (found in in CW\bin folder).
Max

Postby skew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:03 pm

I have been doing some testing for Shogun. There does seem to be a problem loading parms file on r203. I can set the settings manually and it will save them and I can save that file and it will import and save the settings on new flash. But if you try to write with old parms everything goes back to default after you reboot AQ using old a parm file. Im going to see if I can narrow down what section of the parm file is causing this.
skew

Postby Shogun » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 pm

Thanks Max! I do not know which STM32 version I had previously. Today I updated to 2.20, CrossWorks was already 2.3.2. Skew suggested to test a precompiled version, aqv6.7.r202.b1337-rev1.hex worked fine. So I compiled r202 made a filecompare and hex was identically.
With r203 I still get the same error.

Oh, as I wanted to post this I see that skew did some tests, thanks skew.
Shogun

Postby skew » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:49 pm

skew

Postby Kisssys » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 am

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Return to AQ Firmware