[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - FC and motor PWM frequency

FC and motor PWM frequency

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

FC and motor PWM frequency

Postby Ruffio » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:51 pm

I work on new version of my lovely HEXA with Turnigy Multistar 690kV (22 pole) motors on LiPo4s.
I meet a big problems with this motors and some ESC with SimonK FW.
With timings 18 degree (default) motors are so hot (it is possible to woter bowlin) and power is consumed immediately that it is not possible fly with it.
With timings 19, 20, 21, 22, .... 30 it is a little better or worst.

But problem is - when I changed to FC to MWii or KK 2.0 enignes on 18degree are cold, ESC are worm. Power consumption is still to big (timings will help) but it is much better than with AQ !!!

I ask HK for proper timings and get 7-15 degree so 13 degree is best for all of tested.

I checked (read) that KK 2.0 works with PWM freq at 490 Hz. SimonK works with up to 500Hz, and AQ 400Hz.

How to (where in code) change PWM frequency for motor PWM frequency?
May be there is soem kind of parameter in "All parameter GUI" I can changed to?

Please advise.
Ruffio

Re: FC and motor PWM frequency

Postby bn999 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:56 pm

bn999

Postby Ruffio » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:55 pm

Thank You.
Ruffio

Postby Ruffio » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:43 pm

sooo, back to the topic after some many additional test.
I did verify if my problem with to hot motors or ESC.
Using oscilloscope I did verify that AQ has realy stable PWM OUT to ESCs and frequency is realy 400Hz ;-)(as KK2.0).
2nd observations was that I have realy bad PID tuning, it makes a large PWM hopping - almost half of range in AQ logs confirm that - btw it is grate to have logs.

So I didn't know if realy bad flying of my HEXA was because of bad timings or bad PIDs or both of them.
So I did find best time fly using KK2.0 - I changed timings and hear motors, feel copter, and so on.

When I was realy satisfy I replace FC to AQ because now i was sure that I have optimal timings with used motors and props.
Problem is that
I cant set PIDs to fly stable only with P and I (but I think it should)!!!
I changed rate D (inner loop) values, PD, FM, OM too (as in video tutorial or default or more/less/between this values)
I changed angle PI (D = 0) and go first with P and later with I.

HEXA without angle D is unstable: start is OK than it becames to woble more and more and more - FC does not dampen oscilations.
Additionally when I use D in angle PID it, from time to time motors make some "noise" when do not work smooth /gently.

So I have one question to be shure:
Should multi fly only on PI ?
Ruffio

Return to AQ Firmware