Futaba S.Bus for R7008SB receiver

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Futaba S.Bus for R7008SB receiver

Postby 13brv3 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:21 pm

You're just trying to make sure I get my money's worth out of the CrossArm program aren't you :-)

I'll take another look, but I haven't seen the problem, and I was thinking it was a reporting issue, not an actual issue. Maybe I missed something though.

Thanks,
Rusty
13brv3

Postby Kisssys » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:47 pm

It was reporting the value that will be used to decide if you go into failsafe. I did a lot of testing of my Spektrum modules and they never missed one packet but the quality would drop and never go back up. If it went to 0,then even though it's decoding every packet it would put you into failsafe. This would be common to all receiver types.

You mentioned that you had readings below 100 percent. I think it should almost always be 100. For it to go into failsafe when it's working it takes a loss of communication for at least 60ms to increment it down 1 unit. That's just a whole bunch of characters with Futaba. Then it would have to have a whole bunch of missed characters to ever get to 0. As good as the comm link is, most flights should be 100 percent.

I was able to prove to myself that the code was the problem by writing a simple line of code that removed the call to the procedure in question. It did some simple math to arrive at the quality a different way. It's not very adaptable but it proved to me where the problem was.

Max was able to reproduce the problem with PPM and it didn't take them long to figure out the compiling change about R157 was the cause.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby 13brv3 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks. I caught up on the other thread, and it sounds like Max is going to try to get this change into the trunk soon, so I might wait. Since Bill added the futaba change, I'll be able to do a build with no changes to make manually, and that's safer when you consider my lack of code capabilities :-)

Rusty
13brv3

Previous

Return to AQ Firmware