[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Pass thru & cam trigger & headfree channel

Pass thru & cam trigger & headfree channel

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Pass thru & cam trigger & headfree channel

Postby chschmid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi Max

I was looking for the RC channel assignments PassThru & cam trigger & NAV_HDFRE_CHAN. Where do you assign this in the FW to the PWM ports. I found NAV_HDFRE_CHAN in config.h but could not find the PWM port assignment. For the other two I did not even find a constant.

I just want to make sure, that I do not mess up with my little addon for 2 cam channels in gimbal.c &.h for "zoom" and "rec on" when I upgrade from r100 to r196.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Re: Pass thru & cam trigger & headfree channel

Postby Max » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi Christof,

There are no "passthrough" or "trigger" params in the official fw (which seems like an endless source of confusion :) ). NAV_HDFRE_CHAN is handled like normal, in config.h, config.c, and config_default.h (default is zero, or disabled).

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Hi Max

Thanks for enlightening me. ;)

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby epyonxero » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 pm

Bumping this to find out if there are any plans to add some type of signal pass through; Id also like to use it for a camera trigger. Alternatively, is there away to use the AQ signaling features to drive an IR camera trigger?
epyonxero

Postby Kisssys » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:21 pm

It's on max's list I believe.

If you can compile the code, I have code that has brushless gimbal output on M11 and M12. M13 controls the camera pitch. M14 controls the camera shutter. the shutter is controlled by the gear switch or my reaching a waypoint or traveling a defined distance in meters.

Anyone is welcome to it.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:10 am

Jdmagoo

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:14 pm

Steve, I would be interested in trying your code.

I specifically want to hand off two functions to the AQ
- output a PWM signal for my IR camera video start/stop/shutter control
- output a PWM signal for a video switch.

Ideally these would share a single radio channel, which the AQ would read and then send off the correct output to the appropriate PWM port.

Do you think it would be able to be configured to do this? I have just run out of radio channels with the current setup.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Kisssys » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:27 pm

Glen,

Here are the changes I made to make it more compatible with the Alexmos gimbal and provide a shutter output. Just copy them over the latest repo. It put's out Aux3 with POI and a slew rate mod on M13. M14 is shutter controlled by the gear switch or waypoint of distance traveled. It logs the photo in RADIO_ERRORS.

I use M11 for pitch without any POI are Aux3. This is suitable for the Alexmos board.
I use M12 for roll and it's also just raw stabilization signal.

Their are no checks in the code so if you could have problems if you assigned gimbal outputs to something other than M11 and M12.

The code is commented and should be self explanatory.

Cheers
Steve
Attachments
KissNavChanges.zip
(16.54 KiB) Downloaded 657 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks I'll let you know how I get on.
-Glenn