Is there only 2 firmware developers...

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Is there only 2 firmware developers...

Postby Jdmagoo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:21 am

Just reading through the changes in firmware and it appears there's only 2 developers for the firmware, Max and Bill. Whilst max is also working hard on the GCS he is double hating with firmware. A big thankful to the both of you!

I wonder if there are other developers out there who are contributing but not listed in the changes? Are there others who are able to help?
Jdmagoo

Re: Is there only 2 firmware developers...

Postby Kisssys » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:52 pm

Their are quite a few of us that compile the lastest repo ourselves, make our own changes and suggest new code or just make simple code changes for our own purpose. I'd name names but would be afraid I hurt someone's feeling by leaving them out so I'll let them comment if they care too. I would encourage more people to get a non commercial version of CrossWorks and compile the code themselves. Once CW is setup it's easy to compile and flash using the bootloader built in the chip or with a dedicated jtag programmer like the ST-Link.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Re: Is there only 2 firmware developers...

Postby Max » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:33 pm

None of this would be happening w/out Bill of course. The rest of us are just adding "peripherals." Menno (joebar.rc) has contributed a lot of his time to firmware improvements, and Peter (sandmen) has been instrumental in bringing us QGC-AQ and Android GCS. There have been a couple direct firmware code contributions that I know of: some basic PPM handling code from timecop and SUMD handling from Frederic Guichard. (If I'm leaving someone out by mistake or ignorance, please let me know.)

But it takes a lot more than just code development to keep a project like this going. Hardware, documentation, promotion, brainstorming, support, testing... just to name a few aspects. Even asking questions can be helpful. My thanks to everyone taking an active part in improving the AQ experience!

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Return to AQ Firmware