Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Firmware builds at Google code site

Postby Cookiemonsta » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks for the hint :)
Once I've rebuild my beloved crashed hexa I'll post how it works out ;)

Tobi
Cookiemonsta

Postby Lindbaergh » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:41 pm

Thats a great idea, so one can have a look at new functions without buying/using a compiler or doing 'bambi eyes' on people who compile hex files on there own :D. Today i had my first headfree flight, a great expirience. I extend the original switch picture to better memorize the new functions, i hope it works like that.
Attachments
AQ_Switches_HF.png
AQ switches + HF
AQ_Switches_HF.png (15 KiB) Viewed 14821 times
Lindbaergh

Postby Max » Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Latest build has been posted to http://code.google.com/p/autoquad/downloads/list . All previous builds from r165 through r198 are suspect due to possibly misreported radio quality issues and are not recommended.

Michael, just noticed the new graphic, thanks!

-Max
Max

Postby Lindbaergh » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 pm

Hi Max, no big deal about the graphic. I cant code or do other useful stuff, so im glad i can contribute at least something to the project. Even when its only taking a pen and draw some Names on the plate :D.

Today i flashed the r199 version and will test it over the week and give feedback what happens to the signal strength drop bug on systems with Hott SUMO. If all went fine i will change to SUMD and check that also.

Michael
Lindbaergh

Postby Ruffio » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:56 pm

MAX, on download link there are: " AQ6.7 experimental firmware r199 build 1328 rev1 " and " AQ6.7 experimental firmware r199 build 1328 rev0 ".
For shure:
'aqv6.7.r199.b1328-rev1.hex' file is official rev2
'aqv6.7.r199.b1328-rev0.hex' file is official rev1 ?
Ruffio

Postby bluuu » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:13 pm

yes Ruffio

you're right
bluuu

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Hi max,

Is there something wrong with version 205? I mean it connects to GCS then immediately disconnects with a lot of weird behaviour, will need to get back to my computer to describe it better. If I downgrade the firmware to 202 all is well. This all occurs using beta 3.

Another thing I've noticed is with 202 the 3 temp graphs in the log has reduced to 1. Is this normal? There also doesn't seem to be as much parameters logged. Again is this normal?

Many thanks

James
Jdmagoo

Postby skew » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:23 pm

I think the QGC needs to be updated. Anything past R203 the QGC renames the AQ as system 118 after it loads the parameters when it connects to the AQ. If you goto the top and select "select sytem" you can switch to the 118 and it will be connected to your AQ. You can send missions but the pid settings dont seem work Beta 3 seems to be worse about this than beta 2. But if you use R203+ on Android everything seems to work fine on it.
skew

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Thanks that's exactly what I'm seeing as well. Anyway I have got a replacement board and have loaded the r202 for the static calibrations but I think I might go back to 6.6.1 for this. There seems to be a bit of data not logged which I'm not sure is ok
Jdmagoo

Postby Max » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:53 pm

I've just now given r206 a quick test with QGC 1.3 B3 to see if I could reproduce what you guys are describing. Not seeing any problems though. Same with Peter's testing. So we will need more detailed descriptions/steps to try to reproduce the problem.

QGC B3 only had minor changes and none should have affected the basic functions you're talking about. There have been a number of changes to the firmware though, depending on which version one is upgrading from, including with communication-related settings/params. If you're not doing it already, I'd recommend starting with default parameters first, before loading any custom ones (off SD card PARAMS.txt or whatever).

TEMP1 and TEMP2 have been removed from the log intentionally somewhere around r140, as they didn't serve any useful purpose.

-----

I uploaded compiled versions of r206. Please keep in mind these are highly experimental "nightly builds" until we get more feedback on each version. I don't necessarily test each version before upload. However, it is important that as many people as possible test the same build of a hex file, to eliminate any differences in development environments (CrossWorks versions, etc). So that is the logic behind the Google Code download area.

As we work towards a stable v6.7 release candidate, it would be very useful if others reported how the latest versions are working for them, even if it's just on-the-bench testing (we need to know successes as well as problems). r204 especially fixes some issues with the underlying operating system which may have been responsible for some "random" glitches people have experienced in the past, such as the radio quality issue.

Thanks!
-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware