[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Firmware builds at Google code site

Postby Max » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:05 pm

I have not been able to recreate the phantom "MAV 118" problem with fw r211 (now uploaded to G-code site). Anyone else?

BTW you should see some more startup messages with r211 than in the past. Some of them were getting lost with the previous fw versions.

-Max
Max

Postby skew » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:02 am

Max, I just flashed R211 the renaming seems to be fixed for me. I uploaded my files and the name stayed the same.
skew

Postby Jdmagoo » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am

Jdmagoo

Postby LPR » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 pm

Max

I updated my octo from r100 to r220 but now I do not have the nice feature referred to by some as rubber band mode when using RTH. If the r220 RTH was modified so it works as it does now but reverts to the way it did in r100 by using the Heeding free switch while leaving the RTH switch on, we could have both types of RTH without changing switch configs.

The new features of r220 are really great but I found the old rubber band mode quite useful also. I had great fun watching people with no RC experience fly the octo with home set 100 feet away and 50 foot of altitude and the RTH switch left on.

Of course it works well on my farm with a lot of space to fly but maybe not too many other places.

Larry
LPR

Postby teramax » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:15 pm

Larry i know what your talking about ;)

somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby afernan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 am

Hi Max:

I´ve compiled r220 using Makefile succesfully, but I don´t get exactly same results that with your compiled hex (I guess with CW). This is what happens:

- I´ve loaded and flown succesfully your compiled "hex" (aqv6.7.r220.b1392-rev0)
- using my compiled hex (done with Makefile) I can upload to fc, connect to QGC first time, load parameters, but I can´t reconnect again. In fact after reseting, the beeper sounds bad (a kinda noise). Same thing than previous experieces of others in this thread. I guess are some bad parameters asignements are done.
- The sizes of both hex are different (476k vs 473k).

I thought could be Mavlink version, so I downloaded latest version, but didn´t solved the issue.
I´ve been using the Makefile compilation from a long time, and I think should be our refference compilator mean since it´s free and powerfull yet simple. Could you try compiling using Makefile and compare?. Thanks

Angel
afernan

Postby Max » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:32 pm

James and Skew, thanks for the updates! I haven't had it happen again either.

Larry and Marcus -- I think it is more a matter of expected behavior and/or documentation. It was not documented anywhere that the AQ would continue to try to RTH as long as the switch is held low. Similarly, home position was actually being set continuously while the switch was high. Apparently there were some neat "side effects" because of this, but neither behavior was really expected. In RTH mode especially, I think it is important to be able to abort it by moving the direction sticks... but if the switch is left in low position, the override is only temporary. This could really surprise someone. Rubber band sounds like fun once you know what to expect, but I'm not sure I'm seeing much practical use for it (the AQ is already easy to fly in PH mode, just let go of the sticks). Anyway, to restore "rubber band" mode is one line of code... I think I sent it to Marcus once already... not in front of the code right now. If people really think this way is better, we can consider changing it back.

Angel -- Makefile is just a way to start the build process. It's still using all the same pieces from CW that it would if you were to initiate the build from within CW. The compiler, libs, includes, startup scripts. All the published builds are made using the Makefile, that's just how I find it easier to do. But it is still important to update the CW bits.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby teramax » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:26 pm

Max, dont get me wrong, i found it funny and worth to document it but i also cant find any need for this (Rubberband) funktion.

Maybe we should park this feature for the comming accro-mode, like some failsave mode :)
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby afernan » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:59 pm

Max, i'm not sure to understand what you say. Could you please attach the additional folders you're using for compiling thru Makefile? (Mainly STM32 and Mavlink folders). I' ll give a try again. Thanks
afernan

Postby Kisssys » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:39 pm

The nice thing about the rubber band mode is it says hey dummy you left the switch in RTH. That's how us dummy's found it in the first place.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware