[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Firmware builds at Google code site

Postby skew » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Max, with no params loaded just flashed on my AQ and my friends AQ. On R202 and earlier mine is system 013 and my friends 227 from R203+ QGC renames mine and my friends both to system 118. When mine first connects using R203-R206 QGC will say "connected to system 13" after 20 secs or so when it caches the onboard parms. QGC says "link lost to system 13" then shows system 118 under "select system" if you click 118 QGC shows connected and you can upload parms and missions but the PIDS are locked out. If you delete system 13 from QGC soon as you unhook and reconnect the AQ system 13 will come back. I have even deleted the settings file and it comes back.
skew

Postby Max » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:10 am

OK, I've seen this once before, fairly recently, while testing some changes. I thought it was because I had started 2 instances of QGC by mistake. But perhaps not. I'm not even 100% sure how I solved it, but I did somehow. Do you mean you've tried deleting QGroundControl.ini file already? I was going to suggest that. I assume you're using the posted builds on Google site? And is this only with B3 of QGC, or other version(s) as well?

Thanks,
-Max
Max

Postby skew » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:14 am

Max,I can't say for 100% certain but when I was updating my friends firmware the other day at the field. I tried only using b2 and flashed each version from R202 and up. B2 seemed to keep his named 227 the way up to R206. At some point I ran B3 to check and then both B2 and B3 started calling his system 118 after that I don't know if it was coincidence or what. I was using firmware versions I compiled plus I also tried R205 from Google site with same results. I will try some different things when I get my board back from Steve.
skew

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 am

Jdmagoo

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 am

Ok got my keyboard back.

I have loaded R206 using Beta 3 and have the same problem. I then deleted the QGroundControl.ini file and have connected again. This time i dont get two unmanned system but one, GCS names this 118. It doesnt seem to disconnect automatically like before but under 'radio and controls' i dont have any options to select what type of radio i have. (this is the same bug as before). Also if i try and save a setting to the AQ (i.e under motor output config - hexa x) it displays a whole bunch of errors starting with MOT_FRAME, then MOT_PWRD_01_P, there are allot more which i wont list but its a continuation of these.

Anyway i hope this helps

Many Thanks

James
Jdmagoo

Postby Kisssys » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:06 pm

I flashed R206 to skew's repaired board and QGC 1.3b3 gave me the same issures trying to load a parameter file. After reading the file several times it finally seemed to fill all parameters in the IMU but would not save them. It appeared to be stuck communicating with the board as showed by the activity window below the parameter display.

I was able to load a mix file and save it ok.

I ended up compiling his parameters as defaults and flashing them to get them onboard.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby Ecky » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi,

i have flashed R205/R206 from the nightly build and using Beta 2/3.
After connecting QGC the widow looks like:
QGroundControl for AutoQuad v1.3 BETA 3 (ICE-W7-MAIN 169.254.0.28192.168.2.jpg

During loading Parameter files appears:
QGroundControl for AutoQuad v1.3 BETA 3 (ICE-W7-MAIN 169.254.0.28192.168.2_02.jpg
QGroundControl for AutoQuad v1.3 BETA 3 (ICE-W7-MAIN 169.254.0.28192.168.2_02.jpg (24.24 KiB) Viewed 15147 times

with the result:
QGroundControl for AutoQuad v1.3 BETA 3 (ICE-W7-MAIN 169.254.0.28192.168.2_03.jpg
QGroundControl for AutoQuad v1.3 BETA 3 (ICE-W7-MAIN 169.254.0.28192.168.2_03.jpg (17.71 KiB) Viewed 15147 times

If i downgrade to R202, everything went fine.

Greatings
Christian
Ecky

Postby Max » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:10 pm

Hi guys, thanks for the reports.

I can recreate the "MAV 118" problem when I connect to an already-running AQ for the first time with QGC. If you restart the AQ after connecting, does the correct MAV ID/name show up in Unmanned Systems?

I'm not sure what has changed recently to cause this, but it seems tied to the unique MAV ID which AQ uses for mavlink communication. I think 118 is some kind of default.

-Max
Max

Postby skew » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:08 am

Max, I don't know if the change on r203+ to DEFAULT_CONFIG_VERSION 108 from 107. Is there anything in QGC for config versions that are newer and would cause a default naming?
skew

Postby Max » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:39 am

QGC itself doesn't care what the CONFIG_VERSION is. That is purely for the firmware to determine which is the latest available config, eg. the version in flash memory vs. the defaults in config_default.h vs. a PARAMS.txt on SD card.

-Max
Max

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware