[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

Compiled firmare repository - latest and historical builds

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Firmware builds at Google code site

Postby Max » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:19 pm

Angel, have you read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44 ? The latest instructions are towards the end. If you have any questions after that, probably best to use that thread instead of this one.

Steve, I'm not sure what you mean. With the new behavior, it doesn't matter if you leave the switch high/low. That's partly my point. Until you re-arm, anyway, and you can't arm with that switch out of neutral (IIRC).

-Max
Max

Postby chschmid » Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:40 pm

chschmid

Postby Max » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Hi Christof,

You have that all correct (and thanks for the details). Moving throttle out of deadband will not abort RTH position (horizontal movement to home), but will override the set altitude (vertical movement to home). Does that seem logical/what one might expect? We do need to update the docs in this regard.

-Max
Max

Postby Kisssys » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:49 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby chschmid » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:12 pm

chschmid

Postby Max » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Max

Postby Kisssys » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi Max,

Ok, I thought I could do that. I think the ability to not be able to set a new home position without rearming is a good thought. I had mentioned how I accidentally set a new home position when a mission I flew stopped to far away to see what it was doing. In reaching for the switch as I nervously watched the ship I bumped the switch forward to new home position and I was in real trouble. I finally remembered the heading it stopped on so I could visualize what to do to bring it back in PH.

If your were prevented from doing a new home position when greater than a safe visual distance from the starting point would be a nice addition. I don't really care, it's fine the way it is now. Christof's idea seems fine too or go back to rubber banding.
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby kinderkram » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:05 am

I want to be able to set a homepoint whenever I want - not just once. I also accidently overwrote the previously stored HP but that's just one thing you need to get used to... ;)
A RTH can be canceled by switching back to manual so there's no urge to have another option (though it would be logical to have RTH canceled when pushing the switch to mid position).

It's a great feature being able to override the flight behaviour on RTH, i.e. when it comes in too low, ovoid obstacles and such.

I was amazed to see the override even work on mission flights, especially in orbit mode. Makes it easy to correct the altitude of an orbit or fly a spiral around an object. 8-)

Imo stick inputs should always override autonomous behaviour in any situation...
kinderkram

Postby Ecky » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 am

Ecky

Postby Kisssys » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware