[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Another ideas for mission features and improvement

Another ideas for mission features and improvement

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Another ideas for mission features and improvement

Postby Jdmagoo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:09 am

I agree simulating a mission before hand would be ideal.

Also when you say object detection what is this? Is it something that detects object in the video? Or something else?

Really looking forward to this release? Keep up the good work guys
Jdmagoo

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:25 am

Only to test the recognition, we already noticed that because of the low resolution video link the objects need to be larger than expected and the OR library needs a steady image for the initial learning phase. Other than that the library is working.
It is a long work in progress :) don't expect anything soon and it is now tethered by using the laptop, the ultimate solution would be by using a daughterboard on the multirotor. Peter is doing great work in this area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1tgMOD-qao&sns=em

Btw, Victor in Moscow already had everything working with different specialized hardware. you can find his demonstration on diydrones. But that is not using autoquad or any open hard/software
joebar.rc

Postby pilotnbr1 » Sun May 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Any updates on the obstacle avoidance?
pilotnbr1

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:58 pm

I'd like to see waypoint triggering and recording as well. And some more flight modes. For example acro (for fpv) or alt hold...the latter would be more interesting. Or autotune like arducopter that would make it easier for beginner's. I really love how aq flys but - in my eyes - it's limited by it's small developer team that's kind of focused on hardware design other than squeezing all the potential it can give. There are so many possible triggering cases, manouvers etc. that need to be implemented and brought to the user.
Cookiemonsta

Postby Max » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:39 am

The AQ is a tremendous platform to develop on, with many possibilities. It's too bad more developers don't see the potential, or whatever the hangup is. To keep it as a great code base, things need to stay organized and clean, and follow existing code style and such. From what I've seen over many years, most programmers just want to throw some code in and as long as it works for them, that's good enough. Certainly a catch-22 situation. Many OS projects out there with multiple contributors turn into a spaghetti code mess, unless someone is there to oversee and set standards, and developers are willing to follow those standards. It's hard to dictate to someone who is contributing for free what those contributions should look like. Even when I've had to hire programmers for commercial projects, explaining why things need to be in a certain style or up to a particular standard is often useless (just getting things to work at all can be a challenge! ;) ).

IMHO,
-Max
Max

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:27 am

You're right max and I really appreciate your contributions, of all team members -just to make it clear. I think the hang up is the commercial IDE that's necessary. What I just meant was that all the things that were already developed like waypoint recording etc should make it in the trunk at some point and new features should be added. I can't see any real change in firmware features other than quatos since I (unfortunately) sold my aq almost 2 years ago.
Cookiemonsta

Postby Max » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:30 am

I hear ya, and thanks for the kind words. I don't personally use that IDE, but even so, $150 (or whatever they want for it these days) is relatively insignificant in this hobby. And yes, I knew what you meant in terms of getting features from other code forks into the trunk. As for lack of any "real change" in two years, I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. :) http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/whats-new ... e-changes/ But I also basically agree with what you're saying.

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Cookiemonsta » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:58 am

Oh there's an altitude hold mode now... :) but still unreleased :(
I know that it's not much compared to the huge costs of this hobby but for just playing and trying sth new it's definitely a down turner. But you don't code the firmware do you? If you do I'd like to know how ;)

Cheers,
Tobi
Cookiemonsta

Postby Max » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:15 am

:lol: I've been known to dabble in the firmware... yes.

As to how... well the beauty of CW is that you just install it and "go." Otherwise... it gets more complicated. ;) There's a thread for that... kinda long, maybe best to start from the end and read upwards. :) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44 There's a couple other threads around that are more step-by-step... search the forums for "makefile".

The latest "unreleased" changes are on my own for now. Mostly pending QGC being updated to handle the new controls scheme. Which I'm also the sole dev on, currently. :roll: There's lots of work that can be done on the GCS side to support the project, using free tools even... ;)

-Max
Max

Previous

Return to AQ Firmware