[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Battery Low action request

Battery Low action request

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Battery Low action request

Postby bluuu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 pm

ok, I think I understand your point of view but (always must be "but"):
- LiPo below 3.2-3.3 V / cell will have not enough power to safely return
- Ignore command is a bad idea, I mean more stopping maneuver (eg missions) and landing
- At a critical level, a voltage can't fly anyway (do stone from the air)
- All the time I think of it as an option rather than requirement (like failsafe set)
bluuu

Postby Max » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 pm

Max

Postby bluuu » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:46 pm

bluuu

Postby chris24g » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:24 pm

IMO a bad idea. The DJI WK-M has it and it is the first thing I turned off. If my ship is going to land somewhere where it could hurt somebody, I would rather ditch it into the ocean or a field.

And who the hell is flying their AQs to within seconds of its pack life? My quad will fly for 7:00 max and I never fly more than 6 minutes on a timer. 90% of the time I'm landing before 6 minutes. I check voltage and balance my packs. In other words, there is no reason for a quad to go down due to a battery. I've never had a cell go bad in flight, and bad cells will show up in the balancing cycle, so toss the pack or use it to power something on the ground.

Best option is to use telemetry or an OSD to monitor your mAh or voltage. Then you know exactly where you stand.

I might sound a bit terse, but come on people, just because the AQ is so capable is no excuse to ignore basic RC safety protocols.
chris24g

Postby chschmid » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Gents

I think this discussion is going in the wrong direction. A low voltage detection will never give a reliable information on the remaining capacity. The task started for low level capacity depends on the position of the craft.

May I suggest as follows:

We need a proper capacity monitoring of the battery and some basic information of the battery and of the powerconsumtion of the craft. With that information we can easily check if the planned mission can be flown safe. We can also give out a warning with remaining flighttime or a warning if the craft is going to far away and the capacity is critical to make it home.

With this information available, the failsafe or low batt procedure is reduced to a emegency landing that would only occur, if the battery (partly) fails.

There are many good sensors out there. An investment of 40 to 60 Euros is very small compared to the dammage of a lost/dammaged craft.
My choice would be :
It is a small Swiss company with a nice, fast responding owner. In my RC Group all members with telemetry use this product with no fails. Maybe I could talk to them and check if we can get the protocol information or a "Special release".

Just my 2 Cents

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby bluuu » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:23 pm

all information about LiPo we can get via mavlink
We can use telemetry (graupner is just working) or OSD.

I forced any reaction at low battery stage but ... I change my mind, but it could be an option.
bluuu

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 am

Jdmagoo

Postby Jdmagoo » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:45 am

Jdmagoo

Postby bluuu » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:39 am

I thinking about voltage and low battery alarm.
bluuu

Postby sandmen » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:20 am

I'm currently talking with a small battery company.
They producing batterys for helicopter's emergency power supply.
They never had done some 4S toy battery's.
But they want to do some examples with complete electronic.
They can handle a lot of data from the battery.
And also a communication is possible.

Maybe in future, we will have a "intelegent battery".

peter
sandmen

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware