ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

Postby joebar.rc » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:23 am

LPR wrote:I don't care if the motors spin or talk or just wag back and forth but some very easy to see signal that the motors are armed would be good. I also would like to have the AQ disarm if, while the throttle is low and there is no RC control inputs for 20 seconds. If the throttle trim is changed by myself or others the AQ will not disarm. Just having the throttle in a low position and not giving any other RC inputs, would have the multi disarm in 20 seconds.

I have had a bad experienced having landed a multicopter and before I disarmed, others around me asked questions and then I turned off the Tx thinking the multi was disarmed. As soon as the Tx was off the multi started flying around by itself and crashed. This was not my multi and I know the failsafe was not setup properly but after the experience I don't like having a multi armed without it being very obvious.

Larry

Hi Larry,

Posted that in this thread last year, so a retry :).
I changed it to be compatible with r380:
supervisor.h
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

supervisor.c
(17 KiB) Downloaded 86 times

Just replace the svn files with these files and compile.
Does just what you want: if armed a watchdog timer is started (default 30 seconds), after timeout it will produce a series of signaling beeps.
If you don't disarm or go flying within 10 seconds after warning, it will disarm the AQ.
The timer is disabled when flying or any navigation mode, it will be set again when throttle is 0. So basically every time you throttle up it is disabled, every time you are on the ground it will be enabled.

Flying, landing and forget is thus not possible, it will disarm after 30 sec (can be set in the header file).

Menno
joebar.rc

Re: ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Trnquill and Menno

Thanks for the ideas and programing. Using both solutions will give give me a way to build my copters with the safety features I was looking for.

I've been farming and flying for many years and still have all my fingers in good shape. No one is immune to, on a rare occasion, having a loss of focus.

Larry
LPR

Previous

Return to AQ Firmware