[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: ARMED MULTI WITHOUT SIGNS OF ARMING IS DANGEROUS

Postby Max » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:43 pm

I don't get it... On any other type of RC model, once you plug in the battery, it's "armed." That's the reason throttle lock exists. A powered model is inherently dangerous. A multi just has more props to chew you up with... :evil:

If you treat these things like toys, play around unsuspecting kids/people/animals, and get distracted easily enough to forget you have an armed death-machine sitting on the lawn, then it's just a matter of luck/time before you cause a serious "accident."

-Max
Max

Postby rput » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 pm

just my $0.02:

From a design perspective, the principle should be that the user is stupid
From a user perspective, the principle should be that the design is stupid

A designer should never assume that users who use a quadcopter will always follow all the safety rules, so if there is an option to make things safer it seems like a no-brainer.

I have only just started flying the AQ (stability is amazing btw!) so feel free to take my post with a grain of salt. But the lights are indeed difficult to see in daylight and under the GPS shield. Some form of beep to acknowledge the (dis-)arming would also be nice.

A second comment I would like to make is about the MOT_MIN parameter. When I set it too high, the motors will spin even when unarmed. Is this a bug or am I not understanding it correctly?
rput

Postby Kisssys » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby rput » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks Kisssys for explaining the MOT_MIN parameter. Can I find any documentation on this?
rput

Postby Kisssys » Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:33 pm

If it's not mentioned in the Wiki then the code is the documentation. I assume you were tweaking that to get the motors to spin up on arming which as I mentioned is not the case.

The code is available here .
Attachments
motors.c
(4.65 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby mr_westie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:33 am

Didn't know about spinning when armed on other controllers.
Option would be nice.

I vote for Auto disarm :)
Miss it from the YS controller.
No question weather it is armed or not.
If I haven't touched it the last 5 seconds, it's disarmed.

Also agree about any model being armed as soon as battery is connected.

Unfortunately with the GPS re-acquisition time on some controller people do not want to disconnect the battery if they don't have to.
mr_westie

Postby chschmid » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:42 am

Gents

This thread fell somehow asleep.
After my video flight experience this year with lot of other equippment I would have been happy to have an option <spin props @ arm> and even more important <autodisarm> after 10 or so secs with no lift off / after landing.

Maybe I can revive this feature discussion again.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby Jdmagoo » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:56 pm

What's wrong with the esc beeping when the AQ is armed, it does this with the latest firmware
Jdmagoo

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:10 pm

joebar.rc

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:18 pm

I agree that motors should spin when the AQ is armed. Can't really understand why some people advocate against it. Developers should ensure that their controller is as safe to the environment as possible. There's no need to be elitist about it, especially since the programming part of it is rather easy and not time consuming. You don't have any control over who buys and uses your hardware. In addition to that, it's just a matter of good design to make the communication between controller and pilot as clear and straight forward as possible. Motors are armed - they spin. You can't be more clear than that.
LordPikaChu

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware