[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Acro mode! And more...

Acro mode! And more...

News, Setup, Compiling, Flashing, Development

Re: Acro mode! And more...

Postby afernan » Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:35 am

@Adam: thanks for your offer. Max told me that but I didn´t want to bother you for 20$.

@Max. Not yet in OpenTx. I´m learning how to install the thing (it´s all new for me). I plan to do it along the WE with fw OpenTX 2.2.0 RC1 (N351). Then start testing, of course with HIL (great tool again!)

Best regards

Angel
afernan

Postby afernan » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:46 am

OpenTx 2.2.0 RC1 (N351) working fine on my new HORUS!
All working well. Tested extensively with HILS
afernan

Telemetry in FrSKY HORUS

Postby afernan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:17 pm

I´m trying to get basic telemetry with OpenTx 2.2 and my HORUS Tx.
Using M4/N4 USART2 (Tx,Rx in pwm7 & 8, no other outputs set to them) and the config shown below.

Using the adapter "Pixhawk to FrSky X4R/X4R-SB Telemetry Cable" from http://www.craftandtheoryllc.com/produc ... try-cable/

Then in "HORUS/MDL/TELEMETRY/Discover New Sensors" I get nothing but the basic onboard "RSSI, RxBt & A2" . Nothing from AQ exported telemetry as was suposed: Max pointed: "If you enable S-port telemetry but set "custom data" off, then you get basic things like voltages and location sent in standard FrSky format, meaning no special Taranis scripts are necessary."

Any help is wellcome
Angel
Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (29.61 KiB) Viewed 14490 times
Last edited by afernan on Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
afernan

Postby Max » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:23 am

I'm not sure Angel, it should "just work." I've had it hooked up to M4 serial port 2 as well (via N4 PWM pins), so that should be OK. Did you try switching Rx/Tx perhaps? Is firmware built with HAS_TELEM_SMARTPORT macro defined? Do you see "FrSky SPort init" message during AQ startup (maybe make/check MSG.LOG on SD card)?

I've never used the new "discover sensors" feature of OTx though (my Taranis still on v2.0). Main voltage/current (FAS), altitude/v-speed (vario), GPS, per-cell voltage (FLVSS), and (optionally) ACC data should be coming through as if they were being sent by the respective FrSky sensors. On my Taranis/OTx2.0 I just choose which values to show on the 3 telemetry screens available. I also set "voltage source" to "FAS" sensor (in model telemetry setup screen).

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Attachments
1.JPG
1.JPG (20.76 KiB) Viewed 14453 times
afernan

Postby Max » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:36 pm

The init message was probably just getting lost during startup, which is why I suggested checking the message log on AQ uSD card. You don't need to change any code for s-port to work.

Anyway, if you are getting the init message, the next thing I'd check would probably be the hardware connections & the adapter cable.

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:54 pm

Got it!

...as always, you were right and your code was perfect.
I miss a +5V cable in the adapter pinout to make it work. For some (stupid) reason, I thought it was a pasive cable, but it´s not. So, now I get a few more sensors (13) from AQ, for the moment without any script.

Thank you very much for your work and your patient support.

Attached a small document "HowTo" summary. I´ll try to update wiki with that.
Attachments
Tx FrSKY Horus TELEMETRIA.zip
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 3705 times
IMG_20161008_234807.jpg
afernan

Postby jason0999 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 pm

Hi All,

Its great to see that Max is still around and working through queries with users, I would like to ask Max if he has anything new in the Pipeline as things have been a bit quite around here without him,

Kind Regards,

Jason.
jason0999

Postby afernan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:18 pm

Hi Jason:
Did you try Feature Integration branch, r1923? There´s lots of things to test, including HILs.

I can offer you to test GoTo preliminary implementation based on Max´s work. I´ve largely tested in HILs and real flight. It works perfectly. Just let me know and I´ll share the necesary fw and QGC.

Angel
afernan

Postby Patscherpofel » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi Max
bit off topic ,the pids you posted in the first post
is that something you fly? and if yes, what are the specs of that frame?
especially the very high angleP and low angleD made me curious

thanks!
Patscherpofel

PreviousNext

Return to AQ Firmware