[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mav2Telem(etrie) Board for Spektrum + HOTT and more...

Mav2Telem(etrie) Board for Spektrum + HOTT and more...

Mav2Telem(etrie) Board for Spektrum + HOTT and more...

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:02 pm

Hi,

now that Menno released the Arduino sketch and with the boards working flawlessly I'm selling two of my Mav2Telem boards. The CAN bus is populated for a QUAD configuration, CAN bus termination resistor (2. one) is in place.:
SANY0257.jpg

SANY0256.jpg
Bottom

Here are the details (for those who didn't come across so far):
- 5V/3A DC/DC, Vin = 42V max. 

- 12V/1A DC/DC, Vin = 42V max. 

- 3.3V/0.5A DC/DC

- up to 8 powered CAN slots, only 4 on TOP populated (+ 1 CAN input)
- 4 IntelliLED WS2812B ports 

- MavLink input (from AQ6) 

- Spektrum X-Bus interface for connecting to TM1000 and/or other sensors 

- HOTT telemetry output 

- Current sensor input (for use with breakout board designed by joebar; refer to http://oshpark.com/shared_projects/NL4NSScO for details)

- Arduino ProMicro socket for ‚Mav2Telem‘ (AVR ISP interface provided in case the boot loader needs to be swapped/updated)

Here am some sample telemetry screens from the AQ6 + Mav2Telem board on a Spektrum DX10T:
SANY0156.jpg
Altitude screen - from GPS signal

SANY0157.jpg
JetCat - used for general status display - configurable when editing the sketch!

SANY0158.jpg
GPS screen

Find the sources here:
Schematic/BOM and docu is here:

Some more information on the board and it's possibilities can be found in the CamCruiser build log (this is the craft im using the board with/tested it) and in various other threads here in the forum.
Example of usage:
SANY0146.JPG
The board I'm flying in the CamCruiser: wiring the craft is quite easy. Only two wires from the AQ6 needs to be connected (UART + CAN)

I will include some 4-pin ZH connectors so you can get your wiring done
(use to get pre-crimped wires cheap)

Let me know your location and I send you a quote on the shipping cost!

Looking for matching LED boards: see here
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Mav2Telem(etrie) Board for Spektrum + HOTT and more...

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Here are some detail shots on how to connect the TM1000
SANY0254.JPG

SANY0255.JPG

Here's the Arduino sketch I've flashed to the boards (and use on my CamCruiser)
Mav2Telem.zip
Menno's Mav2Telem Sketch, modified by aBUGSworstnightmare for use with the Mav2Telem boards
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 798 times

Anh here is a short video of a board 'in action' (o.k. only with my bench-AQ6, but ...):

The JetCat screen is my main source of information. It shows (top to bottom; based on the sketch as enclosed):
EGT: used for displaying hAcc
Throttle position: used for flight mode display (debug info)
Pump Voltage: not used
Pack Voltage: Main LiPo voltage
RPM: altitude (4704 = 470.4m)
Off-condition: Additional Status messages (i.e. low battery warning)
Last edited by aBUGSworstnightmare on Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Re: Mav2Telem(etrie) Board - used with M4 Expansion board

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Tested the board with the new M4 expansion board.
Two additional wires need to be added to the expansion board to connect it to the Mav2Telem: Mavlink and Power supply. The LiPo voltage detection goes to ADC input of M4r6 and is needed in addition.

Pictures show the test setup; will do a simplified version too and then post a new video of the unit in operation.
SANY0047.JPG
M4 expansion board connected to the first edition of my Mav2Telem board (without the expansion connector)

SANY0048.JPG
Mavlink connection

SANY0049.JPG
Power supply
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:07 pm

Modified one of the M4 adapter boards so it works flawlessly with the old revision of the Mav2Telem board.

SANY0122.JPG
Overall view. Grey/black goes to LiPo on Mav2Telem, yellow/brown goes to M4 ADC input, yellow/brown/red is Mavlink signal, red/brown is 5V supply (i.e. from HOTT or Current connector)

SANY0121.JPG
cable is for sensing the LiPo voltage, goes to ADC input (mating connector will be supplied)

SANY0120.JPG
Added some cables instead of the 20-pin connector

SANY0119.JPG
backside view
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 pm

Gone!
aBUGSworstnightmare

Return to For sale