Searching: ready soldered Kisssys Expansion board

Looking for something? Want to offer something?

Searching: ready soldered Kisssys Expansion board

Postby LinuxDoc » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:48 am

I want to buy a ready soldered Kisssys Expansion board.
LinuxDoc

Re: Searching: ready soldered Kisssys Expansion board

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:49 pm

At the moment, the only option available is the kit - But I will try and see if I can make some here.

An updated production version is in progress, but gonna take a 2-3 weeks, I think.

If all goes well, I will make an expander for small BLDC copters available soon

It sports a Recom 5V supply, 3.3V supply, uSD-card, Optional BT module, UART, CAN and voltage sensor output - and it brings out the M5 thru M8 to 5V powered Servo connectors, same style as AQ6. Main input is reverse voltage protected

Footprint is 37*37mm with 30*30 M3 mounting holes. The holes next to the expansion connectors is for M2 insert nuts, so that the M4 can be secured firmly in place.

Sorry, but this crappy cell photo is all I have right now. The first production prototypes are underway from factory now.

N4_Expander.png
N4_Expander.png (170.86 KiB) Viewed 4589 times
JussiH

Postby Texzin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:33 pm

That is great Juss! Looking forward to your completion of the board.
Texzin

Postby axelnied » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Looks promising...
axelnied

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Uhm, OK.

I fired up the toaster oven and made this. They´ll be in the shop soon as I am done testing them ;)

KBoard1.jpg

Kboard2.jpg
JussiH

Postby Patnet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 pm

JussiH wrote:
If all goes well, I will make an expander for small BLDC copters available soon

Can I just calrify something? Would it be correct to asssume that the Kisssys epansion board allows for BLDC? If so I haven't seen any step-by-step instructions for using it. There's been bits and pieces around the documentation and forum--I think.

Would it be correct that you choose the external ESC firmaware; power the ESCs from a multiple cell battery; run the control wire to the M pads on the Kisssys epansion board; power the v2 AQ4 from 5V off an ESC?

Would that work?
Patnet

Postby JussiH » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:55 pm

Patnet wrote:Can I just calrify something? Would it be correct to asssume that the Kisssys epansion board allows for BLDC? If so I haven't seen any step-by-step instructions for using it. There's been bits and pieces around the documentation and forum--I think.

Would it be correct that you choose the external ESC firmaware; power the ESCs from a multiple cell battery; run the control wire to the M pads on the Kisssys epansion board; power the v2 AQ4 from 5V off an ESC?

Would that work?

Yes, that would be correct. :)

You also need to add the voltage sense wires from the main battery to the ADC pads to get voltage monitoring, which is needed to scale motor output as the battery drops.

I will make a BLDC guide for the wiki sometime soon - You are right that it is s a bit scattered right now.
JussiH

Postby Patnet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Yes, that would be correct. :)

You also need to add the voltage sense wires from the main battery to the ADC pads to get voltage monitoring, which is needed to scale motor output as the battery drops.

I will make a BLDC guide for the wiki sometime soon - You are right that it is s a bit scattered right now.

Thanks so much. I have received your parts Jussi, from ViaCopter. Nice and fast. I'm just waiting from some stuff from China--we have a slowdown here at the Port of Los Angeles, so I don't know when. But anyway, I'm looking forward to starting. I'll try and keep notes of any issues and also keep an eye out for your guide. I'll then give you some feedback on the guide if you like.
Patnet

Postby LinuxDoc » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:24 pm

JussiH wrote:Uhm, OK.

I fired up the toaster oven and made this. They´ll be in the shop soon as I am done testing them ;)

WOW Nice :-)
Thank you!
LinuxDoc

Postby JussiH » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:51 pm

JussiH

Next

Return to MarketPlace