[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - motor mixing on a quad

motor mixing on a quad

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

motor mixing on a quad

Postby Volver » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:30 pm

My logic side is not the best, so your help is appreciated.

i want to mount AQ on ecilop frame
so, the "front" of a AQ will be upper right angle as shown on second picture Image

How should default X quad mixing change?

Thank you in advance!
Volver

Re: motor mixing on a quad

Postby Volver » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:31 pm

also, is it ok, if the AQ will not be in center of the quad?
Volver

Postby GoFaster » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

The default QuadX motor mixing stays the same. You have to #define IMU_ROT = -45. Then you do the dynamic calibration Calibso with the FWD corner of the board as the front "side", and each of the other corners as the respective "sides".
GoFaster

Postby Volver » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks!!!
Volver

Postby teramax » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Hy
Have now the Ecilop Easy here, did you figure out where u mount the AQ board on the frame.
Here´s my idea.
Not very professional -i know :?

Marcus
somehow everything can fly
teramax

Postby Johan_vV » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi,

I also have a Ecilop and i have mounted the AQ a bit different from yours. Unfortunatly i don't have a pic available (the Ecilop sits in my car waiting for a dynamic calibration taking place to morrow if the weather is OK) now but i can post one tomorrow.

I have not flown mine yet since i still need to do the dynamic calibration and its always raining here in sweden. But i have got the Gimbal function working OK as far as i can see when testing it on ground.

From what i can see from your photos i do expect that you will have an issue with the PWM-connectors when there are cables attached and the camera rig tilts that way?

I mounted my AQ at -45 rot where the GPS connector side of the AQ points into the camera rig and so that the FTDI connector points away from the camera rig. In this way the camera rig can tilt fully without hitting the AQ.

Regards
Johan
Johan_vV

Postby Max » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:27 pm

I'm very curious to hear how the AQ flies when mounted off-center. That's something that has always puzzled me about the Ecilop frames too. I dig the concept, but wonder how well the flight controllers can do being off-center like that.

-Max
Max

Postby teramax » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:01 am

@ Johan_vV
The conectors are no problem, i solder wires directly to the board and make a kind of extension for the ports.
My goal is to get as near as possible to the center.
But some basic frame parts i have to redraw and do on the router to get corect mounting holes and space.

@Max
Oh jes, me to :mrgreen:
teramax

Postby Johan_vV » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:55 am

@Max,
Me too =)
Johan_vV

Postby teramax » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:23 am

first problem seems to appear, had the board first flown on an Hex with very good results. Horizon level on QGC was always perfekt as it shoud be.
Now on the Ecilop (of center) calculation is done, uploadet but hotizon mark at QCG is not level (write to rom, of course). Not shure if the of-center position while calypso effekts that or some failure while calculation ocured.
Will do new set of LOG´s and redo calc to verify.
Still testing........

Some thoughts: when of-center the ACC sensors see when the rig rolls not an angle change but a little lift or lowering. Might be the reason for bad level reading? How did DJI solve this on WKM?

@Volver are you flying already?
teramax

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller