auto abort mission/waypoint?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

auto abort mission/waypoint?

Postby chris24g » Thu May 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Not sure if it happens with others, but sometimes my AQ will get "stuck" at a waypoint (most often hunting for the correct altitude), so it just hovers there. It would be good to have a failsafe to RTH or skip to next waypoint if x amount of time has elapsed and the mission is not complete, or if a waypoint has not been found within a certain time period. My worst case scenario would be have it stuck at waypoint and it does not respond to a manual RTH.
chris24g

Re: auto abort mission/waypoint?

Postby LPR » Thu May 28, 2015 9:19 pm

Chris

If I use RTH while in a mission I'm able to have the MR return to home but the copter will, after reaching the home wp, return to the last WP of the mission. If you first change your flight mode to APH and then do a RTH the MR will return to home. You can then return to the point in the mission or if you momentarily change flight mode to manual you can repeat your mission.

You might want to try changing some of the Navi parameters for altitude to make your MR hit mission WP better.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/configuri ... on-tuning/

Larry
LPR

Re: auto abort mission/waypoint?

Postby Crizz » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:11 am

stuck on waypoint can be caused by too accurate nav.-param. As far as i remember default is 1.0m, so copter tries to reach position, on gusty weather this can take time. Try to set accuray to a value higher than 1.0 m and it should match.
Crizz

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller