[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 w/ DIMU : mag-cal. & follow me ?

AQ6 w/ DIMU : mag-cal. & follow me ?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: AQ6 w/ DIMU : mag-cal. & follow me ?

Postby Crizz » Sun May 17, 2015 7:19 pm

I dont get connected at 115 kBaud, tried everything, only at 57.6 kbaud i got a connect - and loose it after 2 seconds again.
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Sun May 17, 2015 7:53 pm

That´s because the modules come preconfigured at 57k for APM.
But there´s a handy tool for an easy setup: http://ardupilot.com/downloads/?did=89
kinderkram

Postby Crizz » Sun May 17, 2015 9:00 pm

hey Menno, thanks for the link, but have ven tried with the radio setup tool from 3DR . MAybe any param i forgot ?
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 pm

problem with changing gps-locks between 2d and 3d solved : antenna is bad !

Got a replacement from Dkue40 for testings and worked perfect, guess my antenna has too much current draw when it get warm of bad solderwork at the intgerated amplifier that causes the problem. Even with only dipole , 3d lock stayed continously ( though it took nearly 3 times longer to get 3d fix - with well working active gps-antenna, 3d lock was announced within 3-4 seconds after 2d lock)

Considering all of this i can only advice to keep a "u.FL.-cable " and making a dipole like described in the manual for AQ M4 - it´s a very simple and affordable tool to check if the antenna is bad instead of keeping a replacement on stock, though it doesnt give you a statement of the antennas voltage supply, this has to be measured manually, but guess in almost every case it will be a bad antenna that causes the problem and not a faulty uBlox-module.
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Tue May 19, 2015 8:23 am

Glad you found the problem, Chris! :D
Those u.fl connectors and wire don´t take much tear&wear. I once bent the thin pin in the plug with similar results...
kinderkram

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller