[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Best position for the Autoquad6 board

Best position for the Autoquad6 board

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Best position for the Autoquad6 board

Postby soul4u » Thu May 14, 2015 9:05 am

Hi, after first successfull flights I want to redesign the frame.
Now I ask myself how to do the best positioning for the board.
The general position is flat with the ftdi connections to the back, DIMU looking up.

For Z axis is the best position the level of the rotors or center of gravity which will be about half of the motor height?
For X and Y is the center of gravity of the frame the best position, or a few millimeters next?

I couldnt find any information in detail, so any thoughts are welcome!
soul4u

Re: Best position for the Autoquad6 board

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby soul4u » Thu May 14, 2015 10:57 am

Ok, I have to explain better. The general position of my board in my frame is flat with the ftdi connections to the back, DIMU looking up.
I did read the WIKI and know about the settings.

The gyro sensors on the board seem not to be exactly in the middle of the board, so I wonder if it makes sense to change the board position exactly with the sensors to the center of mass...talking about millimeters.
Is this nonsense, or can that help to optimise?
I do a new CAD construction, so that can be easily considered if it makes sense.
Last edited by soul4u on Thu May 14, 2015 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
soul4u

Postby bn999 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:16 pm

The rate sensors (GYO) can be anywhere on the rigid structure of the craft and will not effect their performance. However the acceleration sensors (ACC) need to be close to the center of mass for best performance. It just so happens that both sensors are in the same chip, so keeping the board close to the CoM will work best. A few CM of offset will not be noticeable, but the the deleterious effect will increase as an exponential function of the offset so larger differences will start to become a problem.
bn999

Postby soul4u » Thu May 14, 2015 4:13 pm

bnn999 thats what I was asking for, thank you very much!
So it will be accurate enough, when the middle of the board is in the centre of mass?
Most copters I have seen dont consider the height where the board is placed?!
I will find out the CoM in Z axis when the camera and battery are attached.
I want to give the AQ6 best possible conditions to perrform although the first flight already was satisfying.
You know how it is...just finished and already ideas for the next release.
soul4u

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller