Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Postby joebar.rc » Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Not difficult at all, but you have to code it yourself :)
Al actions are in the nav.c and supervisor.c. We check for -250,0 and 250 as scaled output, but your welcome to change that to other values and only on one switch..
Good luck...
joebar.rc

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Hmm thanks, looks simple enough to replace the RADIO_AUX2 references with ranges for RADIO_FLAPS.

I just wonder if it would cause problems when I flip the set home or RTH modes, because while those modes were engaged, the flight mode would not be set to manual/position hold/mission.

Here are the ranges I plan on using:

RADIO_FLAPS > -750 && RADIO_FLAPS < -650 // manual mode (~-700)

RADIO_FLAPS > -470 && RADIO_FLAPS < -370 // alt/position hold (~-420)

RADIO_FLAPS > -190 && RADIO_FLAPS < -90 // mission mode (~-140)

RADIO_FLAPS > 90 && RADIO_FLAPS < 190 // normal flight (~140)

RADIO_FLAPS > 370 && RADIO_FLAPS < 470 // set home pos (~420)

RADIO_FLAPS > 650 && RADIO_FLAPS < 750 // activate RTH (~700)
Last edited by SuperSharpShooter on Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Max » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 pm

How would you control 2 functions with one command/channel? :?

Say you're in PH and want to RTH... So are you going to fall out of PH when RTH is activated? Or want to mark home spot while flying a mission... etc.

-Max
Max

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 08, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't plan on setting a home point while flying a mission, but if I engage RTH while in PH, would it not just RTH? Is RTH behaviour different if you are in manual mode vs PH (or in no 'flight mode' as much)?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Max » Wed May 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Well, you wouldn't need "normal flight" mode. There's no such thing as "no flight mode," you're either in manual, PH, or mission. But if you look at the rest of it... among other problems, you'd have to go through Set Home before activating RTH... kinda defeats the purpose :) You'd also be going into mission mode first, etc, etc. Now maybe you could manage to move the controls past the undesired positions quickly enough (within ~20ms or so?), but really, that doesn't sound very practical or reliable.

My point is I don't see how this would be useful to anyone in general. If you have a specific application that you could make it work for, then that's great. Open source FTW! :geek:

-Max
Max

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Wed May 08, 2013 11:18 pm

With the way the mix is set up on the radio you don't need to pass through 'set home' to get to RTH, but it's not difficult to change the values and switch positions around to avoid problems (as far as I can see?).

The point of it is to free up a radio channel to be used for something more useful. I plan on shooting photos with a nex5 with a zoom lens on it (while in position hold), but have a wide angle security camera I would like to use as an FPV cam. I need a free channel to activate the video switch, since the only other free channel is set to start/stop taking photos/video.

I've been using a mode switch mix like this on Arducopter to switch between 6 flight modes using a 3 and a 2 position switch on a single channel, so I figured why not run the same setup here if it can be done without any impact?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Max » Thu May 09, 2013 1:18 am

I guess that might work but you would need to make sure the correct flight mode is maintained while the channel is in the set home or RTH command range. Otherwise it will always revert to manual (I think).

-Max
Max

Postby LPR » Thu May 09, 2013 2:54 am

Glenn

I have a arducopter also and I use one channel and two switches to control the six flight modes. One time I had trouble with that setup because the Tx got hot sitting in the sun so the PWM setting change just enough to cause the flight modes to not be correct. Be careful in setting up this method of control.
Set Home and RTH only will work in Alt/pos hold. The firmware would have to be changed so Alt/Pos Hold is over a large enough range so that Set Home and RTH could be activated while in Alt/Pos hold. You can not use GPS controlled features in manual mode.
I hope you can one channel controlling all six modes.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Thu May 09, 2013 3:11 am

Set home works from any mode. From reading the code, I believe RTH should work in mission mode as well as PH, though I haven't tried this.

-Max
Max

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu May 09, 2013 3:40 am

Cool, yeah it's times like these I wish I had a small test AQ rather than just my big important one...

Now to try and figure out how to compile under linux without crossworks. :/

Also do you know if there's a way to run the board in HIL mode so that I can test the radio mode changes without actually having to fly with the modified code?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller