[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Postby chschmid » Tue May 13, 2014 10:22 pm

chschmid

Postby kinderkram » Wed May 14, 2014 9:11 am

Not only used it.
A bunch of AQ OGs was involved in the development of ArduPirates/MegaPirates/ArduCopterNG - before we left the ship. :D
kinderkram

Postby hogster » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:39 pm

I seem to have discovered a bug where saving changes in the motor mixing table to volatile memory doesn't actually have any effect. More info here:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3364

I'm currently running r402 and a DIMU board. GCS is 1.4.0 on Mac OS 10.8.5.

I don't know what has changed that could have caused this problem – I tried going back to 372 but the problem persisted, and yet this was the version where saving to volatile memory used to work perfectly when I first got my AQ board!

Many thanks,

David
hogster

Postby whizz101 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello all,
I am currently in the process of getting my permissions to fly in various EU countries. I want to work in France and they have some special requirements!
One of the DGAC's requirments is the ability to geo-fence the area you are permitted to work in and set fail-safes should the drone leave these areas. What would be great is if in QGC in the Navigation and control limits section, where we can set an altitude limit, is another option to limit the horizontal distance from home. We could call it the Home distance limiter! And then like with radio-fail safes have a couple of configurable options.
There are a couple of other issues in france also. If you want to fly in urban enviroments you must have a parachute system that is automaticaly triggered, and new for 2015 is the talk that at the point of a parachute being deployed(manual or automatic) that all propellers must stop. I thought that this might be somthing that AQ & ESC32 could implement easier than most.

It seems at the moment that the DGAC are allowing manual deployment of the chute, but the geo fencing could be the deference between getting my permissions and not!

Any information on if this could be implemented or done myself would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Tristan
whizz101

Postby kinderkram » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Hi Tristan,
we´re aware of the legislation in France and Menno already demonstrated a proof of concept regarding the geo fencing:

Menno has implemented it in his firmwares, you might ask him for details:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3003&p=19555
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?category=1

As for the parachute there might be a way to trigger the release in a failsafe event - but I´m not a coder so I can´t tell you how to achieve this.
btw: I´m not convinced the "para shoot" is a failsafe solution at all. It adds more weight (making the craft top heavy), more complexity and the risk of even more failures due to accidently deploying the chute.
I´ve yet to see someone demonstrate it in forward flight or windy situations. In all demos I´ve seen they hover the craft in a nice condition and then deploy the chute - real life usually won´t give you these conditions...
kinderkram

Postby whizz101 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi,
thanks for the fast reply!

I couldn't agree more with you about the chute, heavy and adds undesirable complication. However the rules are the rules. I think in reality building a sub 2kilo quad for urban work might be better, you don't need the parachute if it's sub 2 kilo, but i still have clients that don't accept gopro footage! Maybe with a lens mod!! :)
As to the geo-fencing which is the more important, it looks very promising. i will contact menno as you suggest.
Thanks again..tris
whizz101

Postby brat002 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:06 am

One not new idea for aq: maybe someone implements takeoff in position hold mode. This may be useful.
brat002

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:17 am

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby bluuu » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:53 am

bluuu

Postby brat002 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:57 am

:) Thank you. I will try :)
brat002

PreviousNext