Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Bug Reports, Code Issues & Feature Requests

Postby Max » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:22 am

bluuu wrote:Switch to pos hold mode and puść throttle stick more then half.

Uh, be very careful if trying this. If wait "too long" after engaging PH and before applying throttle, the GPS position reading might have changed (significantly). This would result in the MR rapidly proceeding diagonally to the "new" position, which might be right into someone's face or an obstacle (if you're lucky it will "just" tip over when the landing gear snags). I personally never do this, after having a couple close calls.

-Max
Max

Postby brat002 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Looks, like feature request :)
For safe takeoff AQ must not entry to PH while altitude was not increased >30-40cm after motors was started.
brat002

Postby LPR » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:55 pm

This is why the multicopters that have a ground sensor and GPS often have an auto takeoff switch.

I have my throttle spring to the center position. In manual control I set the throttle just low enough so the quad does not leave the ground. When I switch to APH and give a little throttle the quad is in the air within a second.

To have the manual throttle low enough not to let the quad leave the ground I do a mix that lowers throttle setting when in manual control. Without the mix the throttle is set for hover.

Larry
LPR

Postby Max » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Like with real aircraft, taking off is the easy part... it's landing that can be more tricky (and not optional :) ). I had a MR several years ago that did auto-land on a switch (used sonar to sense ground) and it was pretty cool to watch it do its thing. I kinda miss that. AQ can auto-land or takeoff in mission mode, but it's not really the same.

-Max
Max

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller