AQ6 Calibration & Setup Help

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

AQ6 Calibration & Setup Help

Postby EtheAv8r » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:48 pm

I have to confess that I have found the AutoQuad 6 configuration and set-up environment is just too complex for me. I read through the Wiki and the various steps seemed ‘do-able’ to me, and so I acted on impulse and bought a load of kit. However in practice there are just too many hoops to jump through in areas that I simply do not have any expertise.

So I got myself a DJI F550 Hexa kit with Naza M v2 a couple of weeks ago, and had it built, configured and flying with pretty good tuning set-up in only 3 days, and I am having fun with it.

I just helped a buddy get a PixHawk running on a quad, and that was pretty straight forward.

Now rather than abandoning AQ6 is there anyone among the AQ6 experts who would be willing to do a full Calibration and core setup of one (or 2….) of my AQ6 boards with DIMU, and accept an AQ6 rev 0 board as payment? This way I can get flying (FCP-HL Quad) and with a good base configuration can move forward from there??

I must confess (having successfully built a 2 seat light aircraft that I have flown for nearly 950 hours, built electronic devices of many sorts when I was younger) that with the AQ6 I have “bitten off more than I can chew!”

From the postage/customs/TAX perspective It would be easier if it were someone from Europe, but if this assistance/service is possible from one of you kind experts else-where, then I will be very grateful.

Edmund
EtheAv8r

Re: AQ6 Calibration & Setup Help

Postby plexus » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:04 am

Hi edmund,
May be I can try to help you.
What is your frame, hexa, quad...
brushless controler ?

My built in autoquad are Hexa and X8 and no problem to tune them . That fly very well.

Alain
plexus

Postby EtheAv8r » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Alain

Frame 1 is a Quad FCP-HL frame kit from Flyduino with T-Motor 2216 motors and ESCs yet to be determined (but ready made not ESC32...)

Frame 2 is a Vulcan Multiframe 900 Hex kit with Tiger 2814/10 and JETI HiCopter 30A OPTO Multicopter ESCs:
http://www.uavshop.co.uk/catalog/produc ... cts_id=304

I will PM you.

Edmund
EtheAv8r

Postby JussiH » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:18 am

Edmund,

It sounds to me like your main problem is calibration. You are aware that for a DIMU based controller, you dont need to go through the full process with temperature compensation?

Instead you can just do a simple Tare and Onboard compass calibration that takes about 3-5 minutes to complete and will give "as good or better performance" as any other commercially available flight controller.
JussiH

Postby EtheAv8r » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:45 pm

Thanks for the info Jussi
EtheAv8r

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller