[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Lost sheep returning to the fold

Lost sheep returning to the fold

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Lost sheep returning to the fold

Postby EtheAv8r » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Hello Team AQ6, after a long break, I am back to try to get the AQ6 controller working for me. Last Spring/Summer I read a lot and acquired 3 off AQ6 boards (1 off rev 0 and 2 off rev1) along with 4 off ESC32 as a ‘job lot’. I purchased 2 off DIMU upgrades and an FCP-HL Quad frame kit from Flyduino and then life intervened and it all sat in a cupboard untouched until last week-end.

Now I am getting back on track and hope to get on with it; I have installed the two DIMU boards on the two rev 1 AQ6s, and soldered on the pins ready to test/load firmware. I have no plans for the rev 0 AQ6 board and it is surplus to requirements for the moment.

What I now need is 4 off motors, and the previously recommended RCTimer 5010 are not easily available in the UK and I do not want to order from the USA (I don’t mind using a European supplier). So I was considering using the Tiger Motor MT2216-11 900KV motors and 10x3.3CF props with 4S LiPo, or even the DJI E300 2212 920KV with their 9.4x4.3 props as on the DJI F550 hex. Would either of these be a good option, or have I got it completely wrong?

Finally, which version of Autoquad Firmware and Ground Control Station (Windows 7) and ESC32 Firmware should I use – I am after the most stable/reliable version as I am in no position to be a tester.
EtheAv8r

Re: Lost sheep returning to the fold

Postby kinderkram » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Welcome back!

Most tested and stable fw version for all boards and revisions is the Beta7.
You can use the FW Wizard to download the appropriate fw for your boards:
http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/ ... ad-wizard/

The Tiger motors are a good choice for mid-sized copters. 10" is ok on 4s - Im using 11" Aeronaut on my 800kV motors.
kinderkram

Postby EtheAv8r » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Thank you. Well if 11" on a 800KV motor is good for you, then it will be good for me so I will go with the Tiger Motor MT2216-12 V2 800KV motors and 11" props with 4S LiPo.
EtheAv8r

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi,

what is your estimated craft AUW (total weight incl. LiPo)?
I'm just building a new Quad with Tarot 4006 motors. They are quite cheap, seems to be of good quality (I think better than the RC-Timer). Angel also uses them on a QUATOS Quad wit T-Motor 1240 CFK props (viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3268). I will use them with Graupner e-Prop 12x6 (should give you roughly 1.5kg thust per motor @ 4S).

You can buy them in the Banggood warehouse in UK for 26.99USD per piece (http://eu.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wareho ... 14875.html).

Should give you a better 'push' than the MT2216-12. ESC32V2 calibration data for the e-Prop are here viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3268#p24272. Data for T-Motor 12x4 is somewhere in the forum too.
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby EtheAv8r » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:08 pm

Thank you Joerg. However I have already ordered the 4 MT2216-12 V2 800KV motors befor I read this.....and they are now on their way!
EtheAv8r

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller