[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Flashing and Radio Control Issues

Flashing and Radio Control Issues

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Flashing and Radio Control Issues

Postby ternovi » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 pm

Hello community,

I am new to the amazing world of quad copters. I have 3 QuadCopters that came from flyduino I am not a hundred percent which model they are but they are all the same. They came loaded with the AQ FW ver 6.8 firmware. I will now explain the situation and hopefully I can get some insights.

Situation:
Someone was using these quadcopters before I got my hands to them. 2 of them work great. 1 of them got flashed and now it will not even arm using the radio controller. I believe the issue is due to the fact that the person who flashed the quadcopter neglected to save the .param file. So now I have a quadcopter that is out of commision. This is what I had in mind and I will appreciate it if someone can give me some insight if this the correct process to possible fix the issue. Each quad came with a controller fyi.

Solution in my mind:
1. Retrieve .param file from a working quadcopter.
2. Flash the quad not working with . This is version 6.7 Stable.
3. Load the .param values retrieved from working quad into the non-working quad.
4. At this point I expect an issue with the radio controller not connecting. I want to get to this step and this step is where I will need to configure the radio controller pertaining to this quad.

Is this a correct solution to fixing the issue?
Or maybe someone can give me a better solution I would appreciate it.

Thank,
ternovi
ternovi

Re: Flashing and Radio Control Issues

Postby plexus » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:41 am

Hi,
If you have no file.params loaded you can to test use these of the other quad you have. But may be others controls to do. When just firm flashed , you have to declare in the qgc your quad and your magnetic position.
The default pid can run.
Have fun

Alain
plexus

Postby ternovi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:42 pm

What do you mean I have to declare?
I have to set the magnetic position of the quad through the qgc?
Do you have a source that shows this process?
ternovi

Postby ternovi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Never mind I think I found a source Alain.
ternovi

Postby ternovi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:19 pm

However do I need to re calibrate the quad after setting the Magnetic position.
ternovi

Postby ternovi » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 pm

fixed the problem. By the way the parameters from the other auto quad worked fine.
ternovi

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller