[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Mag calib does not run - help needed

Mag calib does not run - help needed

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Mag calib does not run - help needed

Postby Crizz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:20 am

Hey guys, have a new problem with my AQ6.

Now that i´m close to finish, i tried to do mag calib and TARE, but the mag calib does not start - and i have no clue why :(

Sticks are proper adjusted to -700 - 0 - 700 and Throttle to 0 - 70 - 1400 , both switches set to normal flight mode. Arm / disarm works, all motors are running, but i can´t start the calibration, neither moving one stick first nor moving both simultaniously. (Thr.: down-left / Pitch : Up-left)

Any advice how to fix the problem ?

Next question : for TARE, must a notebook be attached by FTDI or does even BT work with smartphone to control that it is leveling ?
Crizz

Re: Mag calib does not run - help needed

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 am

Hi Crizz,

BT connection is fine; no need to connect via FTDI.

Have you checked your sticks (going in the right directions) in QGC? I assume you're using AQ6+DIMU..
Connect to QGC via BT and start the calib there to see if it makes any difference.
QGC version in use?
Which firmware?
Joerg
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:06 pm

Hi Joerg, i updated in nov.´14 when i got my DIMU, dont know the FW-version in AQ, all calibrations done under 1.56 (latest rev. of it ), even checked with 1.60 , but cant find any fail regarding the stick movement. Negative value on roll / yaw means "left" as far as i recall, positive value means right, and on throttle lowest position is zero = idle , on pitch low positions / val. negative, means "Nick-backward" and pos. means "NIck-Forward" - correct ? I´m using mode 2 on my transmitter and with all MC / Heli.

Checked that all endpoints are proper reched when trying start calib (w/attached FTDI / Realtime data)
Crizz

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:21 pm

The Pitch channel often needs to be reversed. In QGC pitch stick forward (nose down) is negative pitch and therefor the bar graph goes to the left. So if you pull the pitch stick (positive pitch) the graph has to go to the right.

The latest Firmware is r442 (ftp://ftp.autoquad.org/3/334693_22529/a ... imu1.1.zip -- for AQ6r1; use the FW download wizzard if you have a r0 board!).
There is a new QGC - V1.6.1 (http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?category=2) too.
aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby Crizz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:00 pm

Meanwhile i downloded and installed laatest FW , but was not sure if i got the right - have not found any revise history of the AQ6 Hardware, so cannot say if i have rev. 6.0 or 6.1 :evil:

After that on reboot, DEBUG keeps lightened up permanent, all ESC light RED instead of green, and in QGC 1.6 all Tx-Ch. are bouncing between two values. Moreover, i forgot to mke a note of channel assignment - and settings are lost.So i have to start from the very beginning - real great :evil: :evil:

Guess in the first i have to try the 6.0 rev. instead of 6.1 - or does i even need to update all ESC32 also ?? :?

my oh my, meanwhile, this fcu drives me nuts..... :cry:
Crizz

Postby Crizz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:36 pm

okay, checked the 6.0-rev also - same game. probably the ESC lights red becuase the wrong channel assignment and throttle is not at neutral during initialize, but there is my next problem :

i use Futaba T10 with a cppm receiver. Set "PPM" ind QGC and trasmit to AQ6, then Debug-LED goes from rapidly blinking to permanent on - but still no stick movements in QGC, even after reboot. Dont know whats going wrong there, its just crazy.

Any suggestions ??
Crizz

Postby Max » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:02 pm

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... 1-hardware & viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2451 just to name two documentation sources, both recently mentioned on the forums.

To preserve settings when flashing via serial, first use the save params to SD command before flashing. Keep the SD inserted and after new fw is installed the settings will be restored automatically.

Take a deep breath, maybe a warm beverage, address one problem at a time, and use the docs and search the forums. Don't be too quick to blame things -- 99% of the time it turns out to be user error after all. ;)

-Max
Max

Postby Crizz » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:07 pm

Hi Max, you are right - but i don´t wanna blame it on the system, i´m just a little bit swmped by this unknown behavior.

But, meanwhile i´m a little closer on it - got it set up with QGC 1.5r6 , have no clue why the stick inputs are bouncing on 1.61, will see tomorrow if its clear now or still bouncing, 1.5r6 looks normal and even mag.cal. starts now as it should.

I´m only still confused about the Debug-LED, why it keeps bright. Is this nromal, and have i had a problem before without notice of it ?

About "safe to SD" - i never read about it , and i read a lot when i started. Where can i find it ? Would love to read more about it to prevent from such work again next time :)
Crizz

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:31 pm

It´s mentioned several times in the Wiki starting at "What else you will need":
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... ro-SD-card

Just push a clean class10 SD into the slot and the AQ will start logging each&every fart. ;)
kinderkram

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:41 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller