[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Strange Motor Behaviour...PID?

Strange Motor Behaviour...PID?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Strange Motor Behaviour...PID?

Postby stud » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Gentleman,

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your previous suggestions; you were right, all of you :D
So i guess the main problem was interference. I have shielded an rewired the PWM cables and now these horrible run ups do not happen anymore. What I've learned:
:idea: always twist/shield your PWM lines and make sure they are as short as possible and as far away as possible from the motor controllers and the three phase wires from controller to motor

I've also done the recalibration of the motor/prop combination (3510 & T-motor Carbon 13x4.4). See the results for 15A and 22A attached.

I made a successful and stable hover already 8-) ! I'll build up some confidence and set the PIDs. Does anyone happen to have a PID configuration for the X8 or of a similar configuration that i can use as a reference/starting point?

Thank you again and happy landings :mrgreen:

Dominic
Attachments
esc32_22a.txt
My current ESC32 configuration
(893 Bytes) Downloaded 756 times
22a.PNG
22A ESC32 Calibration with 3510 13x4.4
22a.PNG (31.29 KiB) Viewed 8876 times
15a.PNG
15A ESC32 Calibration with 3510 13x4.4
15a.PNG (31.76 KiB) Viewed 8876 times
stud

Postby chschmid » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:05 pm

chschmid

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:39 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby stud » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 am

stud

Postby r0sewhite » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Though the problem seems to be solved: Which fw version did you use? I've got a perfect smoothly flying X8 until I once updated the ESCs from 1.4.3 to 2.1.x. Though I used my old parameters (which allowed me even to start the Motor with 15" props at max PWM value without commutation loss), the copter flew and sounded horrible. The ESCs controlled very rough and motors were audibly close to commutation loss. Also the motor start was very hard. The same values that previously smoothly started the motors, now kicked them like a hammer. Switching back to v1.4.x, all problems were gone.

Btw: Why do you use such small props on these motors? Is your Tamara too lightweight? ;)
r0sewhite

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller