[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ board after repair going crazy, dangerous accident

AQ board after repair going crazy, dangerous accident

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: AQ board after repair going crazy, dangerous accident

Postby Max » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:25 am

Nah, just the final result should be good. And have AQ logging of course.

-Max
Max

Postby LordPikaChu » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:19 am

Hi Max,

sorry for late reply.

I have some screenshots for you, captured right after the board crashed. There's not much to see - when the board crashes the the telemetry stops too and freezes at last values.

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 01.01.44.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 01.03.25.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 01.13.18.png

EDIT: Just to note before someone asks - this time I was doing these tests in position hold mode, just to see it that changes anything. The scenario is exactly the same in manual mode.
LordPikaChu

Postby LordPikaChu » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:16 am

Any updates? Max? Jussi?
LordPikaChu

Postby Max » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:46 am

Thanks for trying that and posting the screens. But I'm afraid you're right, not much to see here. It does tell us the allocated memory sizes are OK, and that it's probably not a UKF crash, but not much else. At this point I think you'd need to connect to a debugger to see what is really going on, as Adam suggested earlier. Perhaps Jussi or someone else can check that out once he gets it.

I'm not sure what you have hooked up to the controller, but I'd probably try to re-create this with nothing attached (or only minimal setup with radio and serial). Then try a different radio & serial adapter also. This would eliminate some external hardware as the potential problem. When you get the new board from Jussi, test with nothing attached first, or you risk repeating the same problem again.

I've have an AQ6 here I can crash if I hook up a servo signal wire to one of the M ports while powering the servo from a UBEC. Seems to only happen with one type of servo I have, because normally this setup works fine. The result is similar, where AQ just seems to lock up. I never really investigated this because it's a crappy analog servo anyway and this is my test AQ board that only lives on the desk. But my point is that an external device could affect the AQ in a fashion you're describing.

-Max
Max

Postby bluuu » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Lord, when you get new board from Jussi, send me your old board. It can be interesting to investigation.
bluuu

Postby LordPikaChu » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:22 am

@Max

Thanks Max.

Unfortunately I don't know how to debug the board, so I'll leave that to someone that knows.

I'm am already running minimal setup - I have only radio and motors connected (and a DIMU of course). I can freeze the board without serial connected too. I can also try to crash it without motors connected, but what's the point of building a copter without motors? :D

@Adam

I'll be glad to send the board to whoever wants a malfunctioning board, but that depends if Jussi wants it back or not. Actually it depends on weather he will send me a new board at all - so far he is reluctant to even reply to my messages.

Thanks for trying to help, guys!

-Mateusz
LordPikaChu

Postby JussiH » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 am

The new board was assembled and tested yesterday and it will ship today. For now I would like you to hold on to this board. When the new one arrives, pls repeat the same test on that board - I would like to see if its repeatable in your setup before we go any further with chasing down the cause.
JussiH

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller