[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - AQ6 makes Magic smoke - Phoenix rises from ashes

AQ6 makes Magic smoke - Phoenix rises from ashes

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: AQ6 makes Magic smoke - Phoenix rises from ashes

Postby JussiH » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:19 pm

Hey Richard

I cant guarantee that it will solve it, but to begin with, I would try and replace the Recoms. You may also need to place wire jumpers between Vin+ and input pins on the Recoms.

But if you burned out parts of the internal Ground plane (which is likely, if the reverse power was on for long), the board will be beyond salvage, sorry.

Send me an email!
JussiH

Postby rput » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks Jussi,

is there any way I can test beforehand if the new RECOMS would work? I would imagine that a regulated 5V power supply on the output connections of the RECOMS should power up the board is that correct?

Richard

p.s as a new forum member I seem to be unable to send a PM
rput

Postby kinderkram » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:04 pm

kinderkram

Postby rput » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:42 pm

As a follow-up to this thread:

I was unable to revive the old board and ordered a new one. Made sure to solder on a connector before attaching any wires this time ;) Hopefully I can take off the LEA6-T unit on the broken board and use it for implementing differential GPS in the future.

p.s. Initial flights with the new board are great, very happy with stability...
rput

Postby x4FF3 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:00 pm

Hi,

so i'm a new member in the "Reverse-Polarity-Club" ;) I changed the recoms. the recom near board-vin puts out 5V. the other beneath the baro sensor just puts out 1.5V. does this mean i got a bad recom from conrad.de ?
x4FF3

Postby LPR » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:15 pm

x4FF3

You are not joining a happy club because it has very high dues. I guess I'm in the club also but not because of reverse polarity. I was doing the static logs and the glue to hold on the Recoms came loose and the ground wire of the Recom broke first so full battery voltage destroyed most of the components.
I've had the IMU go out twice and that pulls the voltage down to around 1.5 volts.

The good new is that the IMU is not to bad to change and they cost less than $20. Low temp solder makes it not to bad getting them off the board.

Larry
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:53 pm

Another candidate for Denmark. :twisted:
But as always: contact your dealer first.
btw: what did the x-ray show? If the traces are fine then an MPU swap would save ya azz!

And nope, I'm not willing to join that "Club". *fingers crossed* ;)
kinderkram

Postby qalid » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:10 am

:cry: :cry:

Another victim

I powered AQ for the first time ever.. LiPos 3S 2200, very fresh
The moment I connected battery, I heard "hisssssssss" and my board is smokin! :cry:
I disconnected battery straight away, could be 3-4 seconds max.
I checked the polarity, it looked fine.. I flipped the board and there was no visible damage (unless inside the RECOMs)

Now reading this thread, I can only assume that somehow I've done a stupid thing and damaged my board.. I was really very very angry and disappointed.. heart beats and shit lol

However, the conditions my fellow poor friends described here looks almost the same.. So into the the solution:

IS there anyway that I can check whether my board still alive, only RECOMs are burned. Btw, I tried to detect from where the smoke was coming and couldn't figure. There's nothing as "toasted" here.. I've not opened the RECOMs yet.. :cry:

It was a matter of seconds only.. I used shark connectors.. Last I remember yes I did checked for polarity.. but shit happens.. I might be mistaken, Not sure.. But as I said.. all symptoms are nearly the same..

My first priority is TIME..

Jussi, is there anyway to fix this or replace the RECOMs?
I bought this board from Paul - Flyduino

qalid

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller