[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - S900 with Autoquad

S900 with Autoquad

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

S900 with Autoquad

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:14 am

Has anyone put an Autoquad FC on a S900 or similar frame?

I'm thinking of buying the frame kit after seeing this video with Marco's pixhawk, but would rather it have an AQ on it.

-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: S900 with Autoquad

Postby kinderkram » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:40 am

Yes, we have used the AQ+DIMU on a Tarot T960 Hexa, it´s now sitting on a Tarot T18 Octo and another one is in preparations for a 1m X8
kinderkram

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 am

OK cool, no issues expected with the inclined arms?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:16 am

Alright I'm doing it. Got the upgraded Recoms on order now and the s900 should be here next week.

Can you suggest some starting PIDs for a frame of this size with 15" props on 400kv motors on 6s?
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby afernan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:00 pm

IMHO this frames are toó heavy, too complex an so, too expensive. Solutions with HL frames from Flyduino/Viacorter are much better. And the retractable landing legs are also very heavy. In summary, I don't like.
afernan

Postby afernan » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:02 pm

Inclined arms are suposed to supply more stability. Obviously, you don't need that in our system, you're simply wasting energy for nothing.
afernan

Postby kinderkram » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:49 am

Glenn,
from what I´ve read you should wait with the assembly of the s900 since there are some design flaws.
Several users complained about hefty vibrations of the frame when the landing gear is up.

Same as with the S1000: The lower mounting plate is only attached to 4 arms instead of all.
Some shops offer work arounds by replacing the lower plate.
http://www.globe-flight.de/DJI-S900-UPG ... Anti-Jello

kinderkram

Postby LordPikaChu » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Any updates on this? Did you put everything together?

I'm interested in your experience with AutoQuad and inclined arms since I'm building a similar frame myself. Actually the frame is ready for some time now, but the copter hasn't flown yet because I've had some issues with ESCs. I'm really curious if any PID changes are needed to make this fly or is it going to fly on default PIDs.
LordPikaChu

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:49 am

I haven't flown this yet as I'm waiting on some battery connectors for it. Will probably just put a naza on it for now, and see if it performs acceptably for Video use before going the AQ route on it. The naza is supposed to be able to fly with a motor out on a hex so that is a plus.

I hadn't heard about the flex or vibration issues with the standard length landing gear, so I will look into it. I fly in windy conditions a lot and this seems to bring the worst in a copter.

I would expect the PIDs to be a long way from defaults, since my other frames ended up flying best with them lowered a fair bit, but even then I only really feel like I can manage to get about a 90% tune.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller