[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby Max » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:33 pm

Please update the docs to indicate that:

1) The input voltage can only be <= 18V. On this page http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... ler-setup/ it suggests a 5S LiPo is OK, but apparently that is not so? Reference: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=952#p4396

2) There is currently NO stage 2 failsafe protection in the code. It will just stay in PH. http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/failsafe-events/

Omissions are one thing, but wrong information is just dangerous.

Thank you,
-Max
Max

Postby kinderkram » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 am

Thx for the hints, Max!

I updated the Wiki. The voltage is indeed only mentioned on the "about" page and the graphic is rather outdated.
I also added notes to the failsafe instructions. You learnt it the hard way - still sorry for your loss...
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 am

LPR

Postby Max » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:31 am

Thanks Norbert!

@LPR -- for me the icons to the left of each forum/post with new messages turns red.

-Max
Max

Postby afernan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Big confussion (for me) in fw between "telemetry" version and "MAVlink" version

in wiki page:
Wiki Index > Getting Started > AutoQuad software setup > Flight controller firmware
we can read that there are two differen versions of fw: telemetry and MAVlink.

My big confussion was that I wanted to connect to the gcs (thru bluetooth) using the "telemetry" version, because I wanted to have telemetry (that was the case in ARDUCOPTER at the beginning: we had two independent fw, one for Xbee, other by cable).
But I was wrong: to get the flight "telemetry" you must use the MAVlink version (using either a cable or the BT connection).

I propose to call "Test-data-log" version (or any other name) and not use the word "telemetry" for that version to avoid any missunderstood. (It looks that I was the only that made this mistake)

Angel
afernan

The latest version of CrossStudio will NOT compile in Window

Postby Teletubbie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:48 am

The latest version of CrossStudio will NOT compile in Windows, it will give errors.

For now (until the developers change their code) you need to put this files:
http://www.multixmedia.org/test/Auto...q-makefile.tgz

into the xxx\Rowley Associates Limited\CrossWorks for ARM 2.2\include

(thanks to Iceman575 for pointing to this)

//Frank
Teletubbie

Postby afernan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 am

afernan

IMU_rot incorrect info in wiki?

Postby Johan_vV » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi guys,

Im currently fitting my AQ on a new frame where it will be rotated as shown in the second image here http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... ontroller/

the info text says "The first image will show the default flightdirection (IMU_ROT 0), but the parameter IMU_ROT allows for any angle in degrees. The second picture will need an IMU_ROT 45 for example.".

However, i think that if the board is rotated as shown in the image then the IMU_ROT should be set to -45 ? if i use 45 (without the minus sign) then my HUD and gimbal behavies very strange, but if i set it to -45 then it acts as normal.

Thanks
Rgrds
Johan_vV

Postby kinderkram » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:36 pm

Ok, thx - changed it.
kinderkram

Postby Johan_vV » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Regarding gimbal settings (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/getting-s ... -settings/)

I faced a problem where i needed to reverse the servo output for the gimbal. bill sugested adding a negative value (minus sign) in the GMBL_SCAL_PITCH and GMBL_SCAL_ROLL which worked like a charm. - Maybe the wiki can contain this info as well?

Thanks
Rgrds
Johan_vV

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller