[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby afernan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:19 am

@Joebar : true, but it´s not obvious for a newbie that starts with AQ what things are defined inside the AQ code or in the QGC (I saw it was defined in the AQ code). In this case I thought that the Rx selection was done at QGC level (a kind of interpreter) not in the AQ code, but I was wrong.

I think WIKI should be always a compromise between sinthetic-but-complete information and excesive info. And this is a difficult selection cause the users has wide expertise levels: from very low to very high. You can kill a lot of potential users simply by this (the wiki approach).

Angel
afernan

Minimum Tx/Rx requirements

Postby GoFaster » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:15 pm

GoFaster

Postby Teletubbie » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:46 am

The loadable example file for the motor mixing have the extension .TXT, it should have .MIX
otherwise it will not show if you want to load it in QG.
Teletubbie

Postby joebar.rc » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Frank,

That's why I mentioned the 'rename to .mix' in the download section. Wordpress would not allow a .mix to upload.
But, I'll make an extra line on that mixing table page for those that use that direct link..
Thanks,
Menno
joebar.rc

Postby Teletubbie » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 am

Sorry I just read over that line :?
Teletubbie

Postby kinderkram » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:29 am

Menno, we could also save them as *.mix files and zip them.
Some browsers open text files directly which might be confusing to some.
kinderkram

Run the calculations

Postby Teletubbie » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:37 am

In Step3: cal –mag calculations. a screenshot of the output AND a explanation what to do with the data (I suppose the same as the steps before, copy, past save?) would be handy.
Teletubbie

WIKI:Motor rotation diagram

Postby GoFaster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 am

I am close to setting up the motor mixer and was looking again at the Wiki for reference. Some questions regarding the Motor Mixing Table section.

I am not quite sure what the following sentence means. "A forward motion need to be done by the two forward motors at the same time as a roll or aft motion." Is it saying that for a Quad-X, any tilt along an axis is performed by the 2 motors on the same side of the axis?

The example diagram
Should the rotation of motors M5 and M13 be opposite to what the arrows depict?
The yaw +/-sign in the mixing table below the diagram seems correct, at least in the conventional rotation direction for a quad.
GoFaster

Postby kinderkram » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:12 am

Man ... I've looked at this pic a thousand times - I didn't notice it. :oops:
You're right - M5 & 13 are wrong. Thx for your finding.
kinderkram

Postby Teletubbie » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:56 am

Shoot, now I see why it is not working correct at my table, thanks GoFaster!
Teletubbie

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller