[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby afernan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:28 am

I´ve started this post as a container for WIKI improvement proposals with real experiences from newbies (like me). I´m doing a personal "log file" of every step from the day I´ve opened the box with the AQ board up.

I apreciate a lot a WIKI with the minimum but complete information (in the line of this AQ wiki). I don´t want a super detailled WIKI showing all possible casuistic. So, please post here clear problem-and-solution histories that can be suitable to be incorporated to WIKI by risponsables.

I start with a few ones:

1.- Connect to the AQ board
WIKI:“AutoQuad ground control station windows/linux”>“Connecting to a flashed (ready) AutoQuad flightcontroller
Explain that you must use a FTDI cable (FTDI – TTL-232R-3V3 – CABLE) 115.200, N81 and activate "Flow control"
Also explain that to "connect" you have to open the "Setting for serial port" page. To open it you must activate Tool-Widgets > Communication Console.

2.- Calibrations - Logs
Please add in the WIKI somepart:
• The card will not be displayed as a device in your PC.
• Unplug the card if you want to stop writing log files.
• To download the logs, remove the card from board and plug into computer (don´t know if there is other method)

3.- HEX flash firmware
Add following comments:
• it's always a good idea to unplug the USB and restart QGC.
• No matter what - 115200 is needed.
• Check your PC-"device manager" after plugging the cable in. You should see a "serial USB" devive under "COM Ports".

4.- In the package of the AQ board from Flyduino shop was missed the power cable and connector (JST-PH main power wire and socket). No jumpers in the box.
This connector is very cheap, but difficult to find (at least in Spain). I´ve reclaimed it already to Flyduino, but maybe AQ could recomment strongly to them to include it (as said in the page). I´ve got one from an old battery plug

This is all, for the moment
Angel
afernan

Re: WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby jabram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 pm

I am using a Team 16GB micro SDHC Class 10 card and that works fine with AQ6 logging.
Own quite a few of these, I have yet to find anything they do not work with, I use them in HD videocam and HD security cameras.

In the AQ6 box I had missing the 6pin right angle male header for FTDI, no male headers for J4 or J3 and no jumper.

How to flash Firmware

Run QGroundControl V.1.0.1
DO NOT click on CONNECT LINK

Click on the Engineer tab
Click on the select Firmware tab
Navigate to the avq6.6.hex file you should have already downloaded to your PC
click Open
underneath the box now displaying the location of your aqv6.6.hex file
select the com port your AQ6 is connected to

Click on Flash Firmware
wait until firmware update is completed
jabram

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Thx for your input, guys!

When you think everything should be clear, someone else stumbles upon another gap. ;)
We def. need to be clearer on some parts and make sure all needed info is in one place. If you skip a page and directly try i.e. flashing there might be some info missed.

btw: the Wiki page for flashing DOESN'T SAY "click on connect" - it says "go to the flashing&setup tab..."

:idea: I made this topic sticky so it keeps on top.
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 am

Is the calibration of the ESC32 working with the AQ GCS?

Larry
LPR

Postby GoFaster » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 pm

My board did not come with headers for the FTDI interface and J3/J4. Also no shorting jumpers included for J3/J4.
Perhaps add those items to the package or make a note in the Wiki's Getting Started->Needed Extras section.

Also in Getting Started->Flightcontroller hardware setup section, J3/j4 should be called out and their function explained. Currently their function is only mentioned later in FTDI/telemetry and firmware flashing.

Is i2C reserved for future use or is is a good idea to solder a header there too while we have the iron heated up?

Thanks.
GoFaster

Postby jabram » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:53 pm

AQ6 wiki should have an AQ6 Kit contents list

I am not sure I should have received all the headers shown, I did not get the 6 pin header and 2 other 2 pin headers or jumper, looks like I am not alone, please clarify what we should have received.

An AQ6 with 2 pressure sensor is prominently displayed and described, you can rotate it to see both sides, later one discovers beta release only has 1 pressure sensor.

Describe exactly what one gets if one orders AQ6
jabram

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:04 pm

Nope ... this will not be part of the Wiki since this is the job of the shop owners.

Both shops clearly show AND describe what the customer will be getting:
http://flyduino.net/Autoquad-6-public-beta-Version_1
http://viacopter.eu/index.php?page=shop ... &Itemid=53

This is the least we can expect from a customer: read the description before pushing the button.
Anyway ... the beta batch is sold out.
kinderkram

Postby jabram » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:07 pm

jabram

Postby jabram » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:18 pm

jabram

Postby DWBB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:37 am

Im struggling to understan step 3 in calibration. It shows no copy/paste of results to Results file like previous stages?
DWBB

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller