[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:33 am

One thing I think should be added to the troubleshooting page, maybe next to "My AQ violently jumps up and down in position hold – low frequency."

Is to put a note saying that you must set your Factor Throttle correctly (maybe with a link to ), or you will get this sort of behaviour.

I was reading the troubleshooting page, and messing with my alt hold pids to try and fix the large oscillations in position hold until I set the throttle factor correctly which fixed it.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby chschmid » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:38 am

Here are the instructions.

Best
Christof
chschmid

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:38 am

Thanks, the videos are good. I think the throttle factor deserves mentioning separately though since it caused similar effects for me when it was incorrect for my setup.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby Eauxvives » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Hy there,

I am actually building up my first autoquad hexa. I have some experience with MKs and Naza Quads, but the Autoquad is quite new for me.

I can tell you some problems understanding the whole process assembling the AQ.

1. In the assembling process I didn't find the testing of the assembled HW. I mean when FC, ESC and the motors are build up. Wouldn't it be good to add a short info how to test the setup?

2. What would be really helpfull is a pic of the underside components as detailed described as the upside components. Specially the PWM outputs ...

3. GPS Shield: When I first read the "what else do you need" page, I am sure that there was nothing mentioned about eh GPS shield :) Now it is there ;)

Hopefully my comments are not to lets say simple ;) At the beginning, this is not that easy to understand everything correctly.

Tom
Eauxvives

Postby kinderkram » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Hi Tom,
1. Plug in the FC to your computer and check if all sensors are working, the motor mixing table, the radio and such.
Then do a proper preflight check: http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying
Will add a pic later.

2. Motor outputs are numbered on the board. Make sure the plugs on the lower side are plugged correctly (pin order is the opposite of the ones on the upper side)

3. The hint has been there forever - at least 2 months ago - that's when I updated this page for the last time. ;)
You might have not scrolled down completely...
kinderkram

Postby Eauxvives » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:04 pm

Dear Norbert,

thx for the hints. I found them all as well in the Wiki. But it tooks a while;) I just wanted to mention is that it would be great for a noob as I am to say "well my friend, now its time to fire the machine the first time" :)

Thx for your great support!

Tom
Eauxvives

Postby kinderkram » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:46 pm

We tried to sort the Wiki steps in a chronologic order. Some guys just jump in, missing essential parts covered in the main pages:
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki
http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... onnections

There's also a collapsable menu on the left side and a page content menu on the right side...
kinderkram

Postby Jdmagoo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:01 pm

Is it possible to print the entire wiki at the same time rather than individual pages?
Jdmagoo

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller