[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: WIKI: improvement proposals from newbies experiences

Postby joebar.rc » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:02 am

Corrected, sorry...
joebar.rc

Postby afernan » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am

Step by Step for new firmware update

I think this small guide not to forget any step after a firmware update is suitable in the wiki:

1.- Connect jumper J4. Reboot AQ (only red led fixed)
2.- Upload the desired fw to AQ using QGC. Remove jumper j4 and Reboot AQ
3.- Activate your specific radio system (spectrum, Futaba, etc). Reboot AQ
4.- Upload your frame calibration parameters.
5.- Upload the motor mix table
6.- Upload your PID preffered parameters file.

That´s it
Angel
afernan

Postby GoFaster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Might also make a note that after you connect QGC to AQ, wait 10s (actually ~6s in my case) before clicking and adjusting stuff. QGC pulls sotred parameters and current states from AQ after connection to update it's data fields.
GoFaster

Amazon SD card tested

Postby Max » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:19 am

Tested logging during calibration with an Amazon "Basics" class 10 micro SD card (8GB) -- works great. Very nice cards and a good value. Have a 16GB one in my DSLR, works great there as well, very fast.

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-micr ... 0058GH4U0/

Cheers,
-Max
Max

Postby Johan_vV » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm

I think it would be good to clarify a bit more that the flap switch MUST(?) be set to "Manual (Start)" before the AQ can be armed/disarmed.

http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/flying/fl ... -switches/

In the top it says "Start flying with the Flap switch in manual (down) and Aux 2 in normal (center) position. Aux 2 is normally always in center" and i didn't really think about the Flap switch when it was time to Arm/disarm for the first time since the wiki then says:

Arming / disarming
Just like the majority of available flight controllers, Autoquad is not armed when applying power.
For arming the motor, hold throttle down and yaw (rudder) right for 3 seconds.
For dis-arming the motor, hold throttle down and yaw (rudder) left for 3 seconds.

When read thru this description then i didn't really understand that the Flap switch needed to be in manual in order for it to arm so i spent a few hours thinking that my Receiver Values shown in AQGC was incorrect. =)

Maybe a Arming/disarming description saying:
For arming the motor, make sure Flap Switch is set to manual (start) and then hold throttle down and yaw (rudder) right for 3 seconds

Also explaining the LED status indicating the Armed/disarmed mode would be nice.

Thanks!
Johan_vV

Postby joebar.rc » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:45 pm

joebar.rc

Postby Johan_vV » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Johan_vV

Telemetry Wiki

Postby Johan_vV » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Hi,

I got my APC220 telemetry running yesterday but im a bit comfused about a statement in the Wiki.

In the middle of the page (http://autoquad.org/wiki/wiki/autoquad- ... etry-xbee/) it says "Another cheap long range telemetry solution (~1km range) is the APC220 which can be purchased for ~35$ i.e. at GoodLuckBuy" and then at the end of the page it says "Note: both the BlueTooth and the APC220 don’t make a complete telemetry solution but they come cheap as a handy, quick&dirty telemetry for testing on the field.".

My concern if which of these statements it is that are tru? Would it be possible to extend the "Note:" comment a bit and explaining why the APC220 is a quick and dirty solution?

I do understand that the BlueTooth isn't a complete telemetry solution due to limited range. but the APC220 or the APC220 combined with a Bluetooth bridge should be a complete solution in the same way as a XBEE/Bluetooth setup is a complete solution?

Thanks in advance!
Johan_vV

Postby joebar.rc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah, well I don't think we need to describe every available telemetry modem or combination of parts that are available :)
These are only a couple of examples, AQ delivers telemetry data on the ftdi port and from that point on you can use whatever wireless method you like. That particular statement is not written by me, but I'm guessing that APC's limited airspeed that degrades when the distance is rising,prevents it from using more than getting low speed telemetry data to the GCS. Sending params for example is a lot of data and 19k2 air speed is a bit to low.

Xbee-bluetooth is way better, but will cost a lot more.
joebar.rc

Postby Johan_vV » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:12 pm

Johan_vV

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller