[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Is there any way to calibrate SimonK ESCs with AutoQuad?

Is there any way to calibrate SimonK ESCs with AutoQuad?

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Is there any way to calibrate SimonK ESCs with AutoQuad?

Postby LordPikaChu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:54 am

As the title says, how do you guys calibrate SimonK ESCs with AQ?
LordPikaChu

Re: Is there any way to calibrate SimonK ESCs with AutoQuad?

Postby kinderkram » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 pm

Nope, you can only do the usual throttle range calibration.
kinderkram

Postby LordPikaChu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

LordPikaChu

Postby LPR » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:40 pm

The same as a normal ESC throttle calibration.
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Yes, same as with every ESC:
- plug the PWM cable into the throttle channel of your receiver
- power the radio, go to full throttle
- power the ESC and wait for the beep code
- go to low throttle, wait for beeps and you´re done

Repeat for every ESC or use a wire harness to calibrate them all at once
kinderkram

Postby LordPikaChu » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Thanks, but I thought that maybe there is a way to accurately calibrate ESCs according to PWM ranges set in AQ GUI once ESCs are connected to the board.

By the way - there are three values to set for in qGroundControl and I never know which are the two correct ones that I should use as min and max for ESCs.
LordPikaChu

Postby LPR » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:58 am

Lord

If you hover your mouse cursor over the values for "Arm PWM" and "Starting PWM" a blue box will give you more info.

Larry
LPR

Postby LordPikaChu » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:33 pm

Both Min PWM and Starting PWM say the same. What's the difference? To which value should ESCs be calibrated?

By the way, I've figured that you can do throttle calibration by putting all values in mixing table to 0, connecting AQ first, waiting for it to initialize, arming the board and putting throttle at max and then connecting motors to the battery.
LordPikaChu

Postby Florian75 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:59 pm

hello,

i have the same problem. Is it possible to change the AQ "starting PWM" and the "max. PWM" to the SimonK default Values? (STOP_RC_PULS = 1060, FULL_RC_PULS = 1860). Maybe you don't need to calibrate the ESCs ???

regards
Florian
Florian75

Postby Florian75 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello,

i've tried to calibrate the SimonK ESC with your idea:

"By the way, I've figured that you can do throttle calibration by putting all values in mixing table to 0, connecting AQ first, waiting for it to initialize, arming the board and putting throttle at max and then connecting motors to the battery."

But it don't work. I'm using DIMU and Rev. 404.

i have only a Sum PPM Signal. i can't link the throttle channel to the paththrough. any other ideas?

The main question is: Do i have to calibrate the SimonK ESC or can i change the min and max parameter in the AQ to the default paramteres from the SimonK ???
Florian75

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller