[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - not Logging (Green LED at 1Hz)

not Logging (Green LED at 1Hz)

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

not Logging (Green LED at 1Hz)

Postby axelnied » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:29 am

Hi,

Hopefully someone can give me some advise:
I am using a PNY 16 Gig class 10 micro SD card.
I plugged uSD card into the AQ FC.
I plug in the battery.

At this point the AQ should be starting to log, correct?
Which means the green LED should be 5Hz (5 blinks per second = fast)?
Mine remains at 1Hz (one blink per second).

Why is it not logging?
axelnied

Re: not Logging (Green LED at 1Hz)

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:58 am

Yes, it should be looging then.
Did you try to power the board first and then push in the card?
kinderkram

Postby joebar.rc » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:50 am

Hi Axel,

I believe you have managed to get a connection to the AQ with the groundcontrol station right?.
If so, please connect to the GCS, with a GCS communication window visible and insert the card.

Card errors should be visible in the communication window (something like: filesystem error, sdio error etc), if nothing is shown there could be a hardware error or a card that is not supported. Don't think thats the case here, the PNY was our first working card after a long! try.

Menno
joebar.rc

Postby GoFaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 pm

Yesterday I was trying to make the first static calibrations. First try after 90 mins I got nothing on the uSD card. Second try I got 2 truncated (time wise) log files. After some manipulation, I noticed that there appears to be some play in the uSD socket. The board will only start logging if I apply very slight pressure to the card while in the socket. If I let go, it will either stop logging right away or after some random amount of time.
For now I have temporarily ensured good contact by wedging two thicknesses of paper between the card and socket shell. It's back in the freezer for another attempt.
GoFaster

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm

GoFaster

It could be the contact on microSD connector is not closing and telling the processor their is a card inserted. If you look closely on the top of the connector you will see a little tab that touches a contact when the card is inserted. You can carefully bend it down slightly until it makes contact only when the card is inserted

Steve
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby axelnied » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:15 pm

axelnied

Postby Kisssys » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:36 pm

I don't have a board from the latest batch but I assume they used this socket.
Steve
Attachments
101-00660-68-6.jpg
101-00660-68-6.jpg (47.67 KiB) Viewed 14341 times
Steve
Kisssys
Kisssys

Postby GoFaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Kissys -

Thanks for the suggestion. That is indeed the case with my intermittent logging problem.

Regards,
- Felix
GoFaster

Postby aBUGSworstnightmare » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:19 pm

aBUGSworstnightmare

Postby GoFaster » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Not blaming card or socket but I will note that both Axel and I are using the recommended PNY card. It was a day's worth of head scratching for me. But I learnt something! :P
Glad that it's working consistently now after bending the little tab. About to post some first graphs for comments.
GoFaster

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller