[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Postby JussiH » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:16 pm

JussiH

Postby Max » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:45 pm

Max

Postby r0sewhite » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:57 pm

r0sewhite

Postby kinderkram » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:15 pm

We were hoping these problems with the hand soldered parts were gone since this was a big issue on the first batch. I went to the factory again to explicitly address these issues and though Jussi tested each board again at least 2 boards slipped through.

I made this topic sticky.
Unfortunately jabram deleted all his pix, they were good examples of what to look for.
I'll also add a note in the Wiki.

"HQ" is written in big letters on our hardware banners and we're doing our best to make "Made in Germany" not look too rediculous. ;)
kinderkram

Postby r0sewhite » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:07 pm

Sorry Norbert, too late: I already resoldered the Recoms so I can't serve with pictures.
r0sewhite

Postby jabram » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:29 am

jabram

Postby r0sewhite » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Some of the solderings of my Recoms looked even worse. Was your power connector already soldered like this? Mine was in the bag with the pin headers, I had to solder it myself.

Just an idea: If we customers have to solder pin headers and connectors anyway, why don't we solder the Recoms, too? I think most of us don't have a problem when the board comes SMD presoldered and we have to solder all the rest. It's much easier to only solder the Recoms to the board than to desolder them before.
r0sewhite

Postby jabram » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:29 pm

The photos I posted are as received out of the box. My power connector was already soldered, but I did also receive an unsoldered power connector as well in the box, did not think much of it at the time. Maybe my board had already been used?

I was going to suggest in my previous post that AQ6 should be offered for sale with the RECOMS in a separate plastic bag, NOT SOLDERED.

That way some people if they wish can have the choice of NOT USING RECOM at all and instead wiring the AQ6 power supply in a much safer way with only current limited regulated Dual +5V supply and battery voltage sensing via a resistor applied to their AQ6 board.
jabram

Previous

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller