[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Concerned about seriously bad soldering on AQ6

Postby rwijnhov » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Mine had exact the same issue just solderd it up myself. So I believe almost all the boards have this issue. Jus solder them up yourself and you'll be fine.
rwijnhov

Postby Teletubbie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:45 pm

Here the same, no problem to 'fix' this.
Teletubbie

Postby Meez » Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:03 pm

i loved to see the support from both the seller and the designer. Something you hard to get with MK and DJI especially because of language barrier. In Japanese there is a word call 'Kaizen' means non stop improvement time by time. I hope AQ will pay serious attention on QC matter in the future. I look forward the progress of this FC. Might give a try to replaced all my MK's.
Meez

Postby ApoC » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:18 am

Hey

Im new on AQ, but i got the same bad soldered AQ as the ppl in this Thread. Bought by Jussi (Thx for the fast deliver).

Ive Problems with the Recoms (Very bad soldered / not glued).There soldered TOO HOT, because my PCB is black from the Heat. Then i have many miniature Blobs of Soldering Iron on my PCB, its not okay, or? :!:

The SMD Soldering, of the other components, are okay.

It works, but for a new PCB i think, its not okay. I fixed that by myself, but its a new one, that costs 400€. So, what can u do? (Sorry Jussi, for not contacting u, its because im working 14h a day)

As u can read, i fixed it, but its not okay, that these solderings are sooo bad.

Then my GPS Antenna is bad too. Its badly scratched and dirty. So i got an old one? An used one? Not okay too.

So, Jussi, what can we do, to fix that? Its working nice, but seems to be used / bad soldered...
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Well, some of those boards slipped through unfortunately - and it was not OK.

Glad to hear you fixed it - I will offer to replace that board with a new R2 board, but we could also work out a significant rebate on a second board or anything else you might want. Send me an email and we will work something out.

We do not reship boards that has been repaired, we keep those for teammembers and own projects.
JussiH

Postby ApoC » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey Jussi

As i said, i fixed it. So its okay - but if i have trouble, because of that bad solderings, u hear from me. (Warranty i meant)
ApoC

Postby JussiH » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:55 pm

Of course, I wouldnt expect anything else and Paul and I take our responsibility for the HW warranty very seriously.

Thanks for fixing it yourself, and letting us know about it. We did invest considerable time into getting the second run 100 percent, and I am confident the manufactoring issues has been solved - we only failed 1 percent in the latest production run.
JussiH

Postby r0sewhite » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:56 pm

Also posted this in the German FPV-Community: SDM work is fine but the hand-made works are terrible. The Recoms show up with big blobs of cold solderings and the hot glue work doesn't hold anythign. At least not the Recoms.

I will desolder the Recoms, fix them in place with double sided fleece tape (which is usually used for connections like this) and resolder them.

As I mentioned in the FPV-Community, I suggest to not use hot glue for fixing the Recoms. Even at room temperature it doesn't have enough adhesive power to hold the Recoms and it will lose even more adhesive power at cold temperature. People will fly their copters and not notice that their Recoms got loose. Since they hang upside down, they might break off one day due to their weight and vibrations.
r0sewhite

Postby Max » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:03 am

I just got an older r1 board from Jussi and the soldering and glue "work" are perfect. I examined everything under a mag glass. Maybe you should just trade yours back in for a better one?

-Max
Max

Postby r0sewhite » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 am

r0sewhite

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller