[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Quad X yaws anticlockwise on takeoff

Quad X yaws anticlockwise on takeoff

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Quad X yaws anticlockwise on takeoff

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:03 am

I've just completed a new quad build, but on takeoff it will constantly yaw anticlockwise, and no amount of right yaw stick will stop it.

I've checked that all motors are aligned, going the correct direction, and the correct props are attached. It responds correctly to all inputs during a hand test, even yaw, but the yaw response feels weak. Also double checked the RC channels and adjusted subtrim so they're all reading 0 with sticks centred.

Looking at the log, mot_yaw jumps to 1000 upon takeoff. I haven't seen this before, and I can't seem to track down the cause of it for now. Help would be appreciated if anyone's got any ideas!

I'm Running r396 w/DIMU.

Motors:
A = 5
B = 11
C = 12
D = 6

Small log showing two attempted takeoffs.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Re: Quad X yaws anticlockwise on takeoff

Postby chschmid » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:27 am

Hi Glen
If all the settings are right and the Motors are perpendicular I would check the pitch of my props and the KV of my Motors.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:08 am

The props and motors all match. I previously had these motors and props running on a similar size frame with an APM without problems.

I see in the logs that motor B (log_mot__motor10) is maxed out quickly upon takeoff, but the other's don't behave this way.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby chschmid » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:22 am

Can you post your mixing table and a pict of the connections. Is the direction of this Motor right? I know ist a stupid question but I did all that before. :)
What ESC are you using? Are the ESC's Setting for min-max PWM right? Sounds like a ESC PWM scaling problem.
Or maybe the prop not tightened enough.
chschmid

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 am

Yep the direction of all motors is correct, props are also on tight.

The mixer is default quad x. I tried zeroing it before, rebooting, then setting the default mixer up again but that didn't help.

I'm using ESC32s and I've just checked the settings of one, and it turns out it's still got the parameters for my last 620kv 24 pole motors set (these are 720kv 14 pole motors now). I'll correct all of the ESC32 settings and then see if it's still happening.

Thanks
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby SuperSharpShooter » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:57 pm

Just given it a quick flight now after re-running the ESC calibration and applying the new parameters to all the ESCs and now it's flying like it should. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
-Glenn
SuperSharpShooter

Postby chschmid » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:22 am

chschmid

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller