[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't arm FC

Can't arm FC

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Can't arm FC

Postby Jean » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a quad, and I have to solve two problems, that's why I need your help.
I follow all the differents step on the wiki autoquad, but I'm facing a wall concerning the dynamic calibration, each time I want to run the calculation in step 4a, my MAE begins with a high level ( around 3) and after several loops, the numbers in the colums grow up really. I did the calibso dance and the plots seem ok..
Someone could help me to understand what's going on ?

As I was unable to have a step4a right, I stop the calibration and tried to run the quad (without the props) to get the 4 motors with my Futaba, without success. I guess it's because I haven't finish the calibration ?! Because I succed to get each motor individualy directly connected to the receiver, and when I connect all of them to the FC and connect the FC to QGC, I can see the throll pitch yaw ... moved when I move the futaba sticks. So I'm quite sure that there is not radio communication problems but just calibration problems or maybe I forget to do something between the FC and ESCs.

If someone have an idea about the step4a calibration problems, I will be gratefull. ;)
Jean

Re: Can't arm FC

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:37 pm

Hi Jean, welcome to AQ!

Which firmware and QGC versions do you use? Do you have a motor mix setup already? If not, it won't arm.

Norbert
kinderkram

Postby LPR » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Jean

The more info and pictures you give the more help you get.

larry
Last edited by LPR on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LPR

Postby Jean » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:30 pm

Hi Larry and Norbert !

I use QGC 1.3.0 and aq7 r357.
I have a futaba receiver and I use an inverser between the FC and receiver.
I have setup the motor mix yes, I choose the quad x because I have a quad, a F450 frame.
I can see all the blue bars moving when I connect the FC to the QGC, I heard beeps when I power the ESC (simonK) but I can't arm the FC, it's stay in green led blinking at 1hz.
For the mix table, I just transmit the quad x and selected the 4ports on the FC where I connect the sng and gnd wires (M1 -2 -3 -4 ),

Best regards
Jean

Postby kinderkram » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Please check if the throttle and yaw range of the sticks is sufficient: throttle 0-1400 and yaw +/- 700.
Also make sure your AUX switches are set correctly: normal flight & manual mode.

btw: latest stable version of QGC is 1.4
kinderkram

Postby Jean » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:58 am

Thanks Norbert,

I check on the QGC, in radio & control - radio values, the throttle is between 0 and 1400 and the yaw +/-700 like you said.
I check the AUX switches too in radio values, I'm in normal flight & manual mode (flight mode +/- 350 and home ation +/-350)
Bests regards

Jean
Jean

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:47 pm

Hmmm ... that´s strange.
You do hold the throttle stick min. 3-4secs to the lower right?

To further investigate on that matter please post your parameter file and the messages from the communication console after a warm restart.
kinderkram

Postby Jean » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:28 pm

Yes Nobert,
It's really strange, I don't understand why.. I try to hold in low position the throttle like you said. but nothing happened and no beeps could be heard.
I finish to do the calculation and I'll post the parameter file. Thanks for helping me, I will post what happens.

Best regards
Jean

Postby LPR » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:14 pm

Jean

You need to hold throttle low AND to the left for three seconds to arm the board. The green LED will then be on all the time.

Larry
LPR

Postby kinderkram » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:17 pm

kinderkram

Next

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller