[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Can't arm FC

Can't arm FC

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Re: Can't arm FC

Postby DUKE40 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm

@Jean, did You check your TX ensuring there is no mixing it anything similar enabled?
For me it really sounds like a TX issue!
Perhaps You could let us know which TX You are using and the settings used like heli or plane and if heli which swashplate type.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby Jean » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Ok Duke,

with my TX I'm quite sure there is no problems, I can see on QGC all the blues bars moving in the right way. But I can tell you more.
I use a FUTABA T8J, plane mode, and I don't modify any anything else except the emplacement of the home action and flight mode.
I flash an other fireware to the aq the afternoon, the aq6.6 rev0 and It was much better than before, but I still have my motor disynchrone.
DO you want other information ?
Jean

Postby Jean » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:10 pm

So guys,
News of the day.
I flashed aq 6.7 rev1 aq 6.7 rev2 aq 6.6.1 rev0 aq 6.6.1 rev1. I have always the them thing and problem.
I see to that my horizontal wasn't good, and my ACC MAG was at 0.18 and my MAG magnitude at 9.9 at this time.. strange no ?
So my dynamic calibration has to be wrong, really really really wrong, but I can sure you that I follow each single steps of the wiki, I did the Calibso dance, around 6 minutes. But that for me the only thing to explain what happens. Can you, please, told my how you do your calibration right and your calculation, maybe I forget something or I really don't know.. I'm quite deseperate, I really want to the the drone flying.
Jean

Re: AQ BOARD problem ? ESC Problem ? Calibration Problem ?

Postby Jean » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:17 pm

That a video of my problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abhIRpp ... e=youtu.be

So I connected the four motors one after all, and it's always the same thing, the D is late.

After that if I connect the ESC D to the port 2(B) and not the 4 like I did, now the motor&ESC B is late. So I'm quite sure that it's not a ESC problem but a AQ board problem,tell me what you think and I someone had the same kind of problems and how he solved it.

Best Regards

Jean
Jean

Postby georg » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:37 pm

Hey folks,

First of all, i'm new to this forum so please be patient and tell me if i do somthing wrong... :D

So, my quad is experiencing the same problems like Jean's. I tried to change the channels like mentioned, nothing changed.

I think radio values behave normal.
I used the link in the Autoquad wiki with the predefined settings for the Frsky Taranis tx.

I have uploaded a Logfile of the Throttle test, maybe someone could take a look at it.
The interesting thing is that motor3 is continuously ramping up. Could that come from bad calibration?

Would be great if someone have an idea about what's going on!^^

Best regards,

Georg

Some infos about my setup:
TX: Frsky taranis
RX: Frsky X8R with S-Bus and Inverter
Power: 3C 3000mAh
AutoQuad ver: 6.6.1 r165 b1036 hwrev2
Attachments
003-AQL.zip
(4.38 MiB) Downloaded 664 times
georg

Postby LPR » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:40 pm

Georg

If you have motor mix chosen, the flight Mode in manual mode and the Home Action in normal flight when the only other thing that will stop you from arming is to not have your throttle below 20.

You can change the Min. Throttle Pulse on the Config page in the QGC.

You could also change your throttle setup on the Taranis.

I had the same problem a while ago.

Larry
LPR

Postby georg » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:07 am

Well, thanks for your reply Larry but actually arming works pretty good. :?

What doesn't work is that all 4 Motors do the "same thing" after arming. (Like Jean described)
One motor is always turning faster and starts getting faster over time.(quad is standing on the floor)

I think that this comes from bad calibration but the horizon in the qgc is lined up straight. And the mag. is also where it should be.

Hmm.. maybe i really should do some new calibration..... :roll:
georg

Postby chschmid » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:17 am

Hi George

What ESC's are you using?
What you describe is mostly related to ESC's with different "calibrations" given that your AQ6 is calibrated right.

Cheers
Christof
chschmid

Postby georg » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:51 am

I'm using the Autoquad ESC32 from Flyduino.

I thought i can use them without calibration? :shock:
But if the ESC isn't working right, then why is the mot3 always higher than the rest?

log_mot_0-3.PNG
georg

Postby sandmen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:35 pm

georg,
on AQ, we "control" the motor-speed from beginning on.
That means, if you copter not sitting leveld on ground (at least, the AQ think, that the copter is not leveld),
you will see different "speed" on your propeller. That is more or less "normal".
It's also possible, that you mixed something like motor direection / prop rotation / wrong mixer ...

With esc32, you didn't need to "teach in / learn in" the PWM signal.
sandmen

PreviousNext

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller