[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4791: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4792: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4793: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3916)
AutoQuad Forum • View topic - Unable to get 3D GPS Lock - SOLVED

Unable to get 3D GPS Lock - SOLVED

Info and discussion about the original AQ v6 flight controller

Unable to get 3D GPS Lock - SOLVED

Postby ascenduav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi,

I am new here and this is my first project with the AQ. I am having a problem with my GPS where it reports an accurate lat/lon but a bad alt that jumps around and refuses to settle. A couple weeks ago I was able to get 3D lock no problem - indoors even - but now it never locks. The antenna is connected. I have let it sit for hours and the GPS never locks. I have attached a log of gpsData.height that shows the crazy altitude readings.

I did have one event; I was testing my system with some new ESCs and when I connected the battery (3S) there was a spark and an obvious near short - it ended up being a bad ESC from the factory (I neglected to test them individually before installing - my bad). When this happened I the AQ was connected but powered with a different battery and until now it did not show that it had been effected in any way.

As far as I can tell the AQ works perfectly in all other respects; it communicates fine, accepts receiver information from S-Bus with no issues, reads/writes the SD card, reports accurate attitude information, etc..

I`m wondering if the u-blox lost a config or something - is that possibleÉ

Thanks,
Steven
Attachments
20140713-bad-gps-alt_compressed.txt
(251.14 KiB) Downloaded 914 times
Last edited by ascenduav on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ascenduav

Re: Unable to get 3D GPS Lock

Postby ascenduav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:30 pm

I should add that the lat/lon are very stable and do no vary like the alt. Also the actual altitude where I am is ~70m so the average altitude I'm seeing is close to actual. Another anomaly is the satellites_visible is always 255.
ascenduav

Postby DUKE40 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi,

which FW Version do you use? This might help answering your questions or pointing in the right direction for checking.
Best regards,
DUKE40

Postby sandmen » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:40 pm

It has normal nothing to do with fw. Double check your GPS-antenna connector.
sandmen

Postby ascenduav » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:48 pm

ascenduav

Postby sandmen » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:55 pm

You should measure the resistant of the GPS antenna also.
sandmen

Postby ascenduav » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:05 am

Attachments
WP_20140713_18_37_51_Pro.jpg
ascenduav

Return to AutoQuad 6 Flight Controller